PDA

View Full Version : My front USB

Ibra87
17-08-2006, 03:52 AM
I was wondering how one can install the front USB on his pc. I heard that they would work if someone installed. Any idea?

georgeks
17-08-2006, 06:30 AM
2 ways: If the front USB has a cable that ends in a USB connection, you pass it out from the rear I/O shield and plug it to a free USB port. If the front USB has an internal connector, AND the M/B has an O/B interface, you connect it there, BUT: there are 2 types of internal connectors:
One where all the cables end in a single interface, and one that has separate.
If your USB has the second, you have to be VERY, VERY carefull how to connect them, as a wrong connection will burn the I/O and perhaps the Mainboard

Ferg
17-08-2006, 09:54 AM
Here's (http://www.directron.com/installusb.html) a useful link with pictures

CCF
17-08-2006, 10:41 PM
The site that Ferg gave you is real good and give it a read, though heres a quick brief on what the site is saying.

For the ones that connects onto your motherboard (small connectors, pin likes), just check out your motherboard manual and look for how your USB pins are set, eg which is the power pin, GND, something plus and minus etc. Then look at the USB cables, each cable will be labelled with something that is going to be very similar to your the USB pins that are on your motherboard. Just find the right ones and plug it in, once done, boot you the comp and plug a USB device in to check. If nothing happens, shutdown and double check your cable wiring.

If you're not too sure which cable goes to which pin, just post back on PF1 with the cable label and the pin label and I'm sure someone here will be able to help you out.

Ibra87
20-08-2006, 04:08 AM
Thanks, very useful site indeed. My front usbs work now.