PDA

View Full Version : Monitor view is side on - vertical.

Lynda_Waiheke
09-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Hi,

Our darling 11 year old, whilst playing a game, has managed to turn the view on our montor to side on. We've looked everywhere to try and turn it back to horizontal. (Current situation - monitor is sitting on it's side!!).

Any help would be very greatly appreciated! Thanks.

cheers
Lynda

straitjacket
09-08-2006, 06:50 PM
Possibly in advanced display settings Couldnt tell you for certain where to find it without knowing who makes the graphics driver - ALthough it could be monitor settings

Shortcircuit
09-08-2006, 07:08 PM
Definitely more info required.

If it's XP try looking by clicking start> control panel> display> settings tab> advanced... then look under tabs in the advanced settings window to see if there's anything there like video card settings where you can change it.

Perhaps you could also ask the dear 11 year old how they did it... I'm sure at 11 they are computer savvy enough to give you a quick lesson :)

netchicken
09-08-2006, 07:21 PM
We have that issue as well. It may be a "feature" of the graphics card, to return it use some unrememerable combination of Ctrl ALt Shift and the arrow keys. Strangely it seems to be an intermittant issue and one we have never resolved. BTW don't foreget if you turn your monitor on its side to degauss it as the change in magnetic thingee with the earth will make the screen a funny color.

Safari
09-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Hold down the ctrl and alt keys & use the left,right,up,down arrow keys to see if you can get it back to normal.

ters
09-08-2006, 07:26 PM
try to reformat your pc..
reinstalling the windows..
i think there is a virus, if not someone accidentally adjust the settings in the display..so the best way is to reinstall windows in your pc..

Safari
09-08-2006, 07:29 PM
try to reformat your pc..
reinstalling the windows..
i think there is a virus, if not someone accidentally adjust the settings in the display..so the best way is to reinstall windows in your pc..

Are you serious.
An 11 year old has hit some wrong keys and you suggest reinstall windows.

pcuser42
10-08-2006, 07:44 AM
To flip the view on my computer, you hit Ctrl, Alt and the arrow keys. :)

Pyropete
10-08-2006, 08:43 AM
Maybe the problem is fixed now, but one of the computers here did that to us recently and it had to be fixed. Not sure what sort of OS you have, but if you are using XP you may be able to do this:

* Right-click anywhere on your desktop and choose PROPERTIES from the menu that appears
* Click the SETTINGS tab at the top
* Click the ADVANCED button near the bottom
* There may be a tab at the top labelled INTEL EXTREME GRAPHICS 2 or similar - click this
* Click the GRAPHICS PROPERTIES button near the bottom
* Hopefully there is now a window with some tabs at the top with one labelled ROTATION - click it
* Change the settings in here (eg. set rotation to 0 degrees or turn off rotation) then click OK to save settings
* Click OK on all the other boxes until you are back to your desktop

Hope this helps.

Pete

SurferJoe46
11-08-2006, 03:51 AM
My NVIDIA card allows me to change the rotation by soft command if I like...it's in the program to do all sorts of "things" to the display.