PDA

View Full Version : Xbox360+SkyDigital Conflict....

csinclair83
06-08-2006, 10:56 AM
Howdy...
Purchased a XBOX360 yesterday, plugged it all in, played one game....time to watch canty hammer northland....the screen was black...and I knew it worked without xbox, so unplugged it...it works...and my tv has 2 locations for yellow/red/white plugs from external sources, and BOTH xbox and sky use them...so both plugged in...

I've tried tuning sky into a different channel, because for some reason both want to use AV channel...i know sky can work on another channel as I've had it before, but i cant find the tuning....

Is there a way to overcome this issue, as I dont want to be unplugging the xbox every time I want to watch tv!!! or even just to flick over to see the score of a boring game (australia v south africa)....I also dont want to use some $$ to get a technican in and tune one channel in...I'm quite capable lol just dont know what to do...

Can someone help :)

Thanks

Jeff
06-08-2006, 12:03 PM
What TV have you got?

Some only have one AV input but has 2 inputs you can connect to, one set on the front for gaming consoles and one set on the back for your video,etc.

You can get a AV switch unit which allows you to have more than one device contected to a single AV input on a TV. These are availible from the likes of Dick Smith , Noel Leemings, etc and Games stores.

Hope this helps.

Jeff.

csinclair83
06-08-2006, 02:58 PM
Yeah its a Phillips TV, and has 2 sets like you mentioned, one in front and one in back....

Is there no alternative without purchasing extra items like the av switch unit?

Thanks for your help though...

Baldy
06-08-2006, 03:12 PM
:badpc: I would have have thought that you just plugged it into the front sockets everytime you wanted to use it......
Could be wrong here but don't think you have to tune the AV chanel? Your remote should have AV1 for rear and AV2 for front?

tweak'e
06-08-2006, 03:14 PM
sorry no. it sounds like it only has one AV in and its paired to both plugs. by a switch box, they are not very $$.

The_End_Of_Reality
06-08-2006, 03:50 PM
What does it say on the front and rear inputs, it usually says a channel, I am guessing that these are saying the same ie AV1, like the others have said, this (http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/44d5593405fed84a273fc0a87f9906f3/Product/View/C2504) will be all you need, or even a cheaper option is to manually swap the cables, not that hard