PDA

View Full Version : Motherboard driver download

mejobloggs
03-08-2006, 06:08 PM
I'm looking for motherboard drivers for Gigabyte GA-8PE667

I was trying to look on the Gigabyte website, but they don't list it. Anyone know where I can get the latest drivers for this mb from?

gkar
03-08-2006, 06:17 PM
How's this for one.
http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/BIOS/Gigabyte/Gigabyte-GA-8PE667-Pro-F3.shtml
Let your fingers Google the walking :rolleyes:

mejobloggs
03-08-2006, 06:33 PM
Yeah, but the gigabyte page used to list all the motherboard drivers, sound drivers, and whatever else drivers. It was good.

And I don't know if it's a Pro or and Ultra or what.

gkar
03-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Have you tried sister sites from other parts of the world?

mejobloggs
03-08-2006, 06:44 PM
Ok, found the page. I think it is the correct MB.
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/Driver_Model.aspx?ClassValue=Motherboard&ProductID=1607&ProductName=GA-8PE667%20Ultra%202

Can anyone tell me what chipset driver to get? The INF or the IAA one? And what's the dif?

straitjacket
03-08-2006, 07:18 PM
I wouldnt really have a clue myself as I don't use intel :) but I found this from their support site -

IntelŪ Chipset Software Installation Utility (INF)
The Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility (INF) is a driver that enables many features of the Intel chipset that are built into your IntelŪ desktop board. This utility must be installed FIRST in order for the operating system to accurately use the features built into the chipset. If this utility is not installed, the operating system will not know what chipset features exist. Peripherals added may, in most cases, not run to full potential. This is especially true with graphics performance.

IntelŪ Application Accelerator (IAA)
This driver provides all the features of the IntelŪ Ultra ATA Storage Driver, plus Windows* XP support and includes faster boot time via accelerated operating system load time. This driver also enhances disk I/O for games, graphic applications, disk utilities, and media authoring applications. On IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 processor based systems, this driver provides a performance enhancing data pre-fetcher. The IntelŪ Application Accelerator also provides support for 137GB and larger IDE hard drives.

The inference I draw from these is that you use both and that the inf is frst followed by the iaa driver

HTH