PDA

View Full Version : COD2 Error

Mr Wetzyl
03-08-2006, 06:05 AM
COD2 Error (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/COD2error.png). Can anyone tell me why is this error showing after I try the play the last mission of El Alamein? First when it loads up to the normal game play this message shows up and when I click ok it just closes the game....How do I fix this and stop this error from showing up? Never happen before...Could it be something to do with the installation of the game? Do I have to re-install the game again?

Jen
03-08-2006, 09:45 PM
A few people have this problem, and there doesn't seem to be a clear solution to it. I don't supposed you have installed any 3rd party mods for the game?

Mr Wetzyl
04-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Nah i didnt intall any 3rd part mods for the game...I got it on other hard drive before but I reformat that hard drive and now install it on second hd and this error occurs..always on the begginning of last mission of El Alamein... :(

gibler
04-08-2006, 08:38 PM
Googling gives no real solutions apart from reinstalling, and making sure the Activision folder in your Program Files directory is removed before the reinstall.

Is there a patch out?

stumagoo
04-08-2006, 11:32 PM
in my experiences of mapmaking this normally means too much info but being in the games natural state I would pick its a corrupt file unfortunately I am not sure which one at the moment (I havent finished el'alimein) it could also be an issue with you gfx card (but not likely) check your drivers (are you using guru3d ones??) and failing that googles your friend while their may not be a fix their right now tomorrow is another day.