PDA

View Full Version : Virus???

blahblah1234
02-08-2006, 04:35 PM
Hey guys, i have another problem with my computer. :badpc:

I play an online game called Everquest 2 which is an intense game, and atm my house is pretty hot (in the 80's). The error is i will start up my computer, internet, then game, and within 5 min to 3 hours from starting the game my internet connection will disconnet. Then it will try to reconnect (which ends up failing), yet get these bleeps in the dialing noise where it sounds as if it repeats the noise really fast. I checked task manager for extra running programs and it said i was using 21% of my cpu's , when it also told me that my system idol process was 99%. I also tried scanning nortons for viruses and 2 spyware detectors and came up with nothing. I have a program that monitors my pc temp called Asus Probe, and it is set for an alarm to go off at 70 degrees celcius, yet in the records the highest it shows it getting is 69.

***EDIT***
I just ruled out heat issues, because as i was typing this up i got the error again, and my cpu temp was in its 50's.
***END EDIT***

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

blahblah1234
02-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Forgot to add this. I had a boot up error, tell me to insert some disks, and try again. But i just restarted my puter and it booted up fine.

Renmoo
02-08-2006, 05:58 PM
Who's your ISP? Are you living in somewhere rural?

Cheers :)

tweak'e
02-08-2006, 08:49 PM
Hey guys, i have another problem with my computer. :badpc:

I play an online game called Everquest 2 which is an intense game, and atm my house is pretty hot (in the 80's).80? you would be dead if its that hot !

I just ruled out heat issues, because as i was typing this up i got the error again, and my cpu temp was in its 50's.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
it still dosn't rule out heat problems. cpu is only one part in a pc, what about the rest? also 50 what ? C or F ??

Renmoo
02-08-2006, 09:37 PM
80? you would be dead if its that hot !
it still dosn't rule out heat problems. cpu is only one part in a pc, what about the rest? also 50 what ? C or F ??
Not sure if are really amazed by the figure, but I believe what he meant was that his house is in its 80's.

Cheers :)

tweak'e
02-08-2006, 10:16 PM
at 80 degrees Centigrade i think you would a little bit cooked ;) i'll bet the pc won't run in a room that hot.

blahblah1234
03-08-2006, 04:03 AM
My house was in it's 80's in fahrenheit, and i meant my computer was at 50 celcius. I don't live in a rural area. Also now it doesn't just happen when i get on the internet. It is happening when i start my computer up. and yesterday i had a boot error.

So to sum it all up it seems to be happening more and more frequently. It kicks me off the internet when it happens and does not allow me to recconnect. It uses up 19 to 23 % of my cpu's yet my system tries to tell me im using nothing at all. My sound and video get blippy. My CD drive is active sometimes when it should not be. I had a boot error while trying to start my computer yesterday. This seems to happen at any CPU/motherboard tempurature.

blahblah1234
04-08-2006, 10:41 AM
Nvm guys i figured it out on my own. My cd drive went bad.