PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Wheel & Other Slow-Downs

SurferJoe46
02-08-2006, 05:36 AM
I've noticed that my mouse wheel is stopping and waiting from time to time.

Usually I can left click and make it work normally for a few lines of text...but then it's back to sluggish again.

I ran HJT, killed a few processes, running 38 at 10% CPU usage right now, and still the sluggish wheel.

There appear to be no other problems...even tried a different mouse and it's still the same.

I DO notice that I cannot exit from MSN Premium though......hmm...I killed MSN Messenger, but MSN Premium refuses to shut down.

If I start changing the priorities in Task Manager, what can I expect?

straitjacket
02-08-2006, 07:19 AM
Depends what you change priorities on, it could result in system instability if you play with the wrong process. When you get the pausing on wheel, is the pc accessing hdd at that time?

SurferJoe46
02-08-2006, 07:49 AM
While I scroll, there isn't any access to the hdd going on....at least the hdd light doesn't blink or lite up at all.

I notice that the worst site to scroll is F!...I don't suppose that the hidden text below the border of my screen requires a refresh from F! to get it to view...does it?

linw
02-08-2006, 01:53 PM
I think I would get Task Mgr up in a window and sort it by CPU and just watch it while your mouse scrolling was sticking.