PDA

View Full Version : cordless Mic/earphone headset?

k9.college_napier@xtra.co
30-07-2006, 05:03 PM
Hi all,
Before asking this question I did a quick search under similar topics in the archives but could only find older posts so I thought I would ask.

Does anyone know of cordless mic/headphone headsets for interfacing with a desktop? They MUST have Mic interfacing capapbilities not just earphone as I want to use it for VOIP.

I have looked at DSE and they seem to advertise a bluetooth dongle that might interface with a phone headset but does anyone know if they definitly do?
Is it possible to interface any USB bluetooth dongle with any phone headset?

Plantronics also seem to have products that also might do the job but the price :groan:

Are there other types of product to achieve what I want? e.g infrared or wifi etc?

John L.

godfather
04-08-2006, 08:02 PM
With DSE you get the ability to return it for a refund within 14 days if its not suitable for any reason. So why do you not try it?

The only way you may get to find out is to buy the dongle (Cat XH6880, but stock is limited) or Cat XH6881 (also limited stock). Both support the headset profile according to the site.

The headset (Cat E3025) says its compatable with computers (as does Cat E2985 etc).

Just don't count on huge range with Bluetooth.
The "100 metres" would be more like 10 metres if you are really lucky...

If you need good range go for the 1.9 GHz Plantronics, but huge $$ as you say.