PDA

View Full Version : McAfee to delete

ramu
30-07-2006, 10:31 AM
Hi There

McAfee Security Suite 2006 came along with an almost brand new laptop purchased in an auction. Lodged it only after a few months but a 'Privacy Serice' in it will always appear like permanent although clicked no. It seems it has a character of a 'Dictator'. It won't budge! Same when I decided to get rid of all the McAfee business from 'regedit', C Drive. Regedit will show all gone but not C Drive. It won't allow me to do it on many files. I am tired! What do I do to get rid of this evil spirit monster?

Renmoo
30-07-2006, 10:44 AM
Are you sure the meanie evil spirit monster is McAfee SS? Or could it be another application that is masquerading itself as McAfee (since you bought the laptop from an auction, the previous owner could have done anything at all)? Have you tried getting rid McAfee SS through the uninstallation wizard?

Cheers :)

ramu
31-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Uninstallation Wizard? This is still availabl ein the Add/Remove Prorammes stuff in the Control Panel? I removed all except this as this won't go. But the programme is still there in the C Drive under Progrmme Files. I believe, there is/are no other 'thieves' masquerading. So what do I do. Thanks.

Renmoo
31-07-2006, 09:40 PM
Did you get any error messages when you uninstall McAfee via Add / Remove Program in Control Panel? Not sure about this, but you can try to uninstall it in safe mode condition.

Have you tried googling for more information? You might want to check this out: http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-7813-0.html?forumID=44&threadID=19050&messageID=204648

ramu
01-08-2006, 06:25 PM
Of cousre, there was some messge like not possible to delete; I can't exactly remember. I'll try the link you provided anyway. Thanks so much JamesKan.

Renmoo
01-08-2006, 06:34 PM
It would be good if you can tell us exactly what does the error message say. You could try printscreen the message and save it as an image and upload it to ImageF1.