PDA

View Full Version : Why is my mouse pointer moving around the screen when i am not even touching it?

Cecilia Fanner
28-07-2006, 06:30 AM
Recently, I note that my mouse pointer keeps moving all over the screen without me touching it at all. I am rather concerned as I never had this problem before. It is mainly when I am in Outlook Express and Excel. I have done both the Virus scans with McAffee and the Microsoft Virus scanner and no virus was found. Please let me know what else I can do. It seems to be doing while I am typing this message. Weird!!!

Many thanks.
Regards,
Cecilia :

drcspy
28-07-2006, 07:45 AM
if it slowly 'wanders' across the screen it's not that uncommon for optical mice pointers to do that......try blowing under it to remove any hair or similar caught in the optical outlet.......

SurferJoe46
28-07-2006, 08:18 AM
Many people report that occasionally their mouse pointer drifts slowly in one direction or another even though they’re not touching the mouse....... most reports involve optical mice.

In the Control Panel, select Mouse and the Pointer Options tab. Uncheck “Enhance pointer precision” and the problem may go away.

Graham L
28-07-2006, 03:37 PM
Nail one of its feet to the desk. :thumbs: If that makes it walk in circles, nail another foot to the desk. :cool:

tweak'e
28-07-2006, 07:42 PM
lmao graham.

interference can make mice do werid things. things like lights, desk lamps, even interference from the pc/monitor have been known to cause it.

pctek
28-07-2006, 09:14 PM
lmao graham.

interference can make mice do werid things. things like lights, desk lamps, even interference from the pc/monitor have been known to cause it.
So can a hijacked desktop.

Myth
28-07-2006, 09:45 PM
.. also a dent in a hard plastic mousepad will do it.
I notice occassionally in certain ares, my pad has a few dents, and the cursor will go backwards and forwards or side to side (as the optics read the dented surface)

Shortcircuit
28-07-2006, 10:13 PM
Nail one of its feet to the desk. :thumbs: If that makes it walk in circles, nail another foot to the desk. :cool:

I use a staple gun, quick and easy ;)

Metla
28-07-2006, 11:16 PM
Uh, thats just plain silly and no help at all.

How about we keep in realistic, Use a FREAKIN HAMMER.

BANG..........BANG,BANG,BANG,BANG,BANG,BANG....... .BANG,.......BANG,BANG.

Sweep wreckage onto floor for wife to take care of during her cleaning duties.

Make fresh coffee.

Job done, sit back and contemplete madness and medication.

jenae
29-07-2006, 12:34 AM
Hi, clearly this is a natural reaction, remove the Cat from the computer room and all will be well. Seriously the solution is simple, place a white piece of paper as the mouse pad or a white surface mouse pad and the problem will disappear.

heni72847
29-07-2006, 01:02 AM
i think you should look for a mouse pad or a surface that your optical mouse likes the best
i made a mouse pad myself from wrapping some cloth around a cardboard and stable them together
after that the optical mouse got a nice surface to work on and is more accurate and doesn't drift anymore

they don't like shinny or surface that can reflect light..
so a smooth surface with "rough" pattern or something can be helpful

hope this helps..

Cicero
29-07-2006, 09:19 AM
I hope it's not a wild African mouse,they can turn nasty,if attacked with a freakin hammer.

FoxyMX
29-07-2006, 11:31 AM
i think you should look for a mouse pad or a surface that your optical mouse likes the bestPreferably one without a picture of a cat on it... :p

Greg
29-07-2006, 04:33 PM
1) Check for viruses.
2) Uninstall then reinstall the drivers.
3) Test mouse on another machine.
4) Test another mouse on your machine.

foundusually
29-07-2006, 07:41 PM
You guys do make it difficult. My mouse wandered around the desk because it had a kink in the lead. Straightening the lead solved the problem.

Myth
29-07-2006, 08:06 PM
You guys do make it difficult. My mouse wandered around the desk because it had a kink in the lead. Straightening the lead solved the problem.You had a kinky mouse?? :dogeye:
Mind you, I have heard if you leave 2 male or 2 female mice for long enough, strange things happen.
Just make sure you don't leave a male mouse and female mouse on the pad unattended .. youll spend the next year on TradeMe trying to sell the offspring :stare:

stu161204
29-07-2006, 08:43 PM
Mind you, I have heard if you leave 2 male or 2 female mice for long enough, strange things happen.
Just make sure you don't leave a male mouse and female mouse on the pad unattended .. youll spend the next year on TradeMe trying to sell the offspring :stare:

LOL :D :D

SurferJoe46
30-07-2006, 04:18 AM
You had a kinky mouse?? :dogeye:

however, optical mice are eunuchs and cannot reproduce. Just look at the underside and see ....

Laura
30-07-2006, 08:16 AM
You guys do make it difficult. My mouse wandered around the desk because it had a kink in the lead. Straightening the lead solved the problem.

Well, if you joined specially to straighten out kinks. at least we got a new member out of it...

Welcome to PressF1.