PDA

View Full Version : Copying and pasting in photoshop

candy19
24-07-2006, 10:49 AM
Hi i am new to photoshop and i was wondering can someone tell me how to copy and paste a image onto another image? Which tool do i use and how do i use it thanks :thumbs:

Nomad
24-07-2006, 11:11 AM
select all, copy.

other image, select paste.
use the arrow and move it around.

adjust canvas size.

then resize.

if you want blend it, like swapping faces then its more complicated like masking revealing wat is behind etc

candy19
24-07-2006, 11:47 AM
Ok i'm still confused which tool do i use to copy the image and paste it i selected the whole image but what do u do after that

candy19
24-07-2006, 01:11 PM
Can someone please explain to me how to copy and paste in photoshop? What tool do i use to copy the image and paste it? Please tell me step by step thank you

Catweazle
24-07-2006, 02:07 PM
Have a look at this site. It has a range of basic photoshop tutorials. I suspect what you're looking for is in lesson 5 on that page.

Photoshop Basics (http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/photoshop/l/bllps5out.htm)

candy19
24-07-2006, 03:06 PM
Can you tell me the tool i need to use to copy and paste an image can anyone tell me that?

mode3
24-07-2006, 03:21 PM
Where is the original image stored ?, either way open the image up in photoshop then in the tool bar at the top of the screen, select edit and from the drop down list select copy and the paste.

If you open up an image in photoshop and in the layers pallet there is only one layer showing. then you can duplicate the original layer so you have a copy of it, that you can select or move to another drawing.

http://www.planetphotoshop.com/tutorials_tools.html

here's another site that might help you, but if you are having problems just trying to copy and paste something in photoshop then i don't think thats the prog for you,

Jen
24-07-2006, 04:53 PM
Hi Candy19

Making multiple threads on the same topic is not going to get you help any faster. Please keep your questions in the one thread. I have merged your duplicate thread into this one.

Mary
25-07-2006, 12:13 PM
Open both images in Photoshop
View the one you want to copy and choose Edit > Select All or use the Rectangular Marquee tool (square dotted box).
Once you've selected the image, choose Edit > Copy (ctrl-c)
Now move to the image you want to copy the other onto, and choose Edit > Paste (ctrl-v)
This will create a new layer with your copied image, you can then use the Move tool (arrow cursor) to reposition the copied image.