PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo - I don't want it.

Thomas01
24-07-2006, 10:21 AM
There is an envelope icon on my Internet Explorer which when I click on it has always started up my Outlook Express so that I can read my mail. I have obviously done something stupid because now when I click on it - Yahoo web site opens up. I have no need of Yahoo and just want to stay as I was but can find no way of altering things back to what it was.
What do I do?
Tom

Morgenmuffel
24-07-2006, 11:56 AM
I am not an IE or OE express person but

In Internet Explorer go to

TOOLS --> INTERNET OPTIONS

Then Select the PROGRAMS Tab

Have a look at what the EMAIL Line is set to it should be set to OUTLOOK EXPRESS,
if it isn't try changinging it to OUTLOOK EXPRESS and then press APPLY

I think thats how it works

bartsdadhomer
24-07-2006, 12:01 PM
Add/Remove programs and remove yahoo

Thomas01
24-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Have a look at what the EMAIL Line is set to it should be set to OUTLOOK EXPRESS,
if it isn't try changinging it to OUTLOOK EXPRESS and then press APPLY

I think thats how it works

Thanks Nigel - I had in fact already checked that and it was correctly set. But computers have a sense of humour so I changed it to one of the alternatives(NOT YAHOO) - then changed it back to OUTLOOOK EXPRESS
It worked - I have found this crazy way of fixing things does sometimes work.
Most odd.
Tom

Cicero
24-07-2006, 05:50 PM
Thanks Nigel - I had in fact already checked that and it was correctly set. But computers have a sense of humour so I changed it to one of the alternatives(NOT YAHOO) - then changed it back to OUTLOOOK EXPRESS
It worked - I have found this crazy way of fixing things does sometimes work.
Most odd.
Tom
I would suggest Barts dad's method would remove Yahoo from your sytem,which as you don't want it,would clean your computer up a bit toboot.

Thomas01
25-07-2006, 01:47 PM
Thanks Cicero.
I really thought I had got rid of my problem but this morning Yahoo was back again. So I have removed it completely.
I hope now that all is OK.
Tom