PDA

View Full Version : Dell laptop wireless connection problem!!

JOYBEBA6679
23-07-2006, 07:01 PM
Hi to all. I have a Dell laptop inspiron 600m with an Intel celeron M processor, 512MB of memory and 80 GB of hard drive. The problem that Iím having is that My comp used to connect to wireless networks, at least the one on my university, it doesnít have an external card to connect but it used to connect with out it and someday it just stop to detect the connection.

Recently I bought a DSL router or a DSL box to connect at home with my desktop pc and connected wirelessly my PSP, it told me the signal strength is 100% but my laptop does not recognize anything. Well is there a way to turn wireless recognition on or something? Thanks in advance!

PS: The Laptop has an Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection!.

linw
23-07-2006, 11:56 PM
Let's see what XP thinks it has. Click start/Control Panel/Network Connections. What does it have under LAN or High Speed Internet? What devices and what is the status entry?

JOYBEBA6679
24-07-2006, 07:38 AM
Let's see what XP thinks it has. Click start/Control Panel/Network Connections. What does it have under LAN or High Speed Internet? What devices and what is the status entry?

Well under the LAN or High Speed Internet is has 2 icons, One that sayd Local Area Connection since it used to connect to the internet via dialup too and another one that says Wireless Network Connection that has the Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG. When I check this device windows says it's working properly. Hope this helps!

joemac
24-07-2006, 11:05 AM
Not sure about dell but on my nec fn+f1 turns the internal wi-fi card on/off

JOYBEBA6679
24-07-2006, 12:57 PM
Well in fact after I went to my computer/manage/and started the windows zero wireless configuration the laptop did connected to the wireless network, it worked great till I restarted the PC. After a restart there was no detection again and for some reason the windows zero wireless keeps resetting to stopped everytime.

Also after this I had to make a system restore since after every other restar of the system and trying to open any folder windows gave me an error.