PDA

View Full Version : only half a webpage on my browser! Can you help???

thinkofit27
17-07-2006, 02:46 PM
hey....

i'm blurry eyed reading all these trouble shooting guides....the font size as i type must be 6!!!

my fujitsu e7010 laptop has the tiny text syndrome....viewing webpages with IE6 my screen resolution set 1400x1050, view>text> on the "largest" setting i only end up with a little more than half of the webpage loaded in my browser, like it has shrunk!!

hope someone can come to my rescue

laters

thinkofit

Morgenmuffel
17-07-2006, 02:54 PM
have you tried holding down the ctrl button and moving the scrollwheel on your mouse,

other than that change your screen resolution to something more readable

-what is the 'native' resolution for your laptop
-- thats the one where the lcd display looks right with no blurring/stretching etc of pixels

thinkofit27
17-07-2006, 06:46 PM
the native setting is 1400x1050 but this doesnt seem to make a differrence to the web page loading fully, it seems now even after retoring defaults that many web pages are now without colour. i will now try to reload internet explorer 6, as i have tried to download 7 to no avail.....also after earlier downloading firefox still web pages had the shrunk feeling......

apparently this laptop has a very high resolution screen and this may be part of the reason, yet setting the res lower doesnt seem to make a difference.......

thanx for your reply nonetheless, any advice taken on! to solve this....

Morgenmuffel
17-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Well the other thing to check would be your display drivers, if it is effecting web page colours,
Has this always been a problem?
When did it start?
Have you updated your Graphics drivers recently?

From reading the specs
http://www.pc-ap.fujitsu.com/news/pr_20020604_eseries.html

It can do the resolution you say (as the maximum), does that effect the number of colors it can display (sorry tft/lcds aren't something i know much about)

Changing the resolution to 1024 by 768 should have made a noticeable difference, it is really odd that it didn't

1400x1050 is always going to be very very small on a 14 inch laptop monitor

Oxie
18-07-2006, 09:45 AM
This thread may help ...

See here (http://pressf1.co.nz/showthread.php?t=58732)

Oxie (Lyn)