PDA

View Full Version : Cannot find drivers for Compaq Presario V2000

Prescott
16-07-2006, 10:08 PM
hi there,
i seem to have a major problem. i cannot seem to find drivers for this laptop. i have no idea what the hell the hardware acAnd yes i have looked at the compaq site and tried for example the modem drivers, they just dont work, so i have tried the other V2000 models drivers and it dont seem to work either. I do not have a recovery disk.

If anyone has this laptop or know where i can get these drivers: ie modem, audio, sm bus controller and mass storage controller, id really appreciate it.

Or even someone knows a program like driverguide toolkit would be great, it looks at your unkown hardware and detects what drivers you need.....

So yeah im pretty angry with this laptop at the moment. Im just plain sick of the wrong drivers :rolleyes:

TIA

Speedy Gonzales
16-07-2006, 10:12 PM
Did u try the HP site? (http://search.hp.com/query.html?lang=en&submit.x=0&submit.y=0&qt=compaq+presario+v2000&la=en&cc=us)

Is this (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=500508&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN&os=228) it?

Prescott
16-07-2006, 10:23 PM
Yes i have looked at that site, and no that isnt really it.

This one is a turion based, with 512 ram, and radeaon xpress 200M graphics.

Speedy Gonzales
16-07-2006, 11:05 PM
It must be one of the AMD notebooks here (http://www.hp.ca/products/static/presario-notebooks/) then.

Halfway down the page.

dipstick01
16-07-2006, 11:06 PM
Have you reinstalled the OS or something?? The compaq v2000 series have a full set of drivers on the second partition. There is usually an option to reinstall the drivers listed under your start menu also or in Compaq Help.

Prescott
17-07-2006, 12:19 AM
Yes we have fully reinstalled the drivers. And there wasnt actually a second partition to my surprise. It didnt come to mind for me to backup the drivers, as i thought i could get them off the compaq website.

I have now found out it is actaully a Compaq Presario V2402AU, and I now have installed the audio and mass storage controller. Im downloading the modem driver as we speak, and am yet to find the SM Bus controller....

Thanks for the help so far :)

Master of Criminals
23-03-2007, 02:11 AM
I am still unable to get Compaq Presario V2000 Modem Drivers. can some one help me to get this one.:)

saritela
27-03-2007, 12:56 AM
First I'd advise you to look under your notebook and check the "product number" then type it on hp's website to see the model.
Them you go to the drivers' page and download the modem driver and the texas card reader driver.
At least it worked here on my notebook (a Presario 2321US).

Wish you luck. =)

malalage
07-09-2007, 09:39 PM
so bad
hi there,
i seem to have a major problem. i cannot seem to find drivers for this laptop. i have no idea what the hell the hardware acAnd yes i have looked at the compaq site and tried for example the modem drivers, they just dont work, so i have tried the other V2000 models drivers and it dont seem to work either. I do not have a recovery disk.

If anyone has this laptop or know where i can get these drivers: ie modem, audio, sm bus controller and mass storage controller, id really appreciate it.

Or even someone knows a program like driverguide toolkit would be great, it looks at your unkown hardware and detects what drivers you need.....

So yeah im pretty angry with this laptop at the moment. Im just plain sick of the wrong drivers :rolleyes:

TIA

wainuitech
07-09-2007, 09:48 PM
Yes we have fully reinstalled the drivers. And there wasnt actually a second partition to my surprise. It didnt come to mind for me to backup the drivers, as i thought i could get them off the compaq website.

I have now found out it is actaully a Compaq Presario V2402AU, and I now have installed the audio and mass storage controller. Im downloading the modem driver as we speak, and am yet to find the SM Bus controller....

Thanks for the help so far :)

Compaqs DO have the full set of drivers installed in a hidden folder on the C: Drive, called BIN.

Too late now though if the drives been formatted :(

If you can go on line, let it search the internet, it should locate and install the SM Bus

Prescott
08-09-2007, 12:25 AM
i made this thread like a year a go

by joves

iomegax
14-11-2007, 09:51 PM
hello i found a solution about the sm bus controller it was very easy, you can see the driver inside the video card driver and look for the smbus driver it was a .inf driver and install it manually in the device management system. it works for me and maybe it will work for you.

Jimmy D
07-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Wow i just found this thread on google. I have the same laptop (Compaq Presario V2000) and have just formatted it thinking i could just use the drivers from the hp website but they don't work, who would have thought it was actually a Compaq Presario V2402AU?! even thought is says V2000 on the laptop. nice work :thumbs: Sure saved me a lot of trouble!

- James -

sultan
21-11-2008, 07:34 AM
Had the same problem, and looked for a couple hours to find the right solution. Thought I'd share for the poor unlucky person following after me.

First, this is a good explanation of the SMBUS situation:
http://articles.networktechs.com/114-p1.php

In this case, the smbus drivers are *included* with the video drivers. There are two files (SMBusati.cat and SMBUSati.inf) in the folder SBDrv\SMBUS after the video drivers get extracted. These are what you need to point the device manager to in order to update the drivers.

The file you're looking for is called sp31101.exe and it's available here:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-33855-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&os=228&product=1131716

The v2000 listed on HP's web site is for an Intel CPU and an Intel Chipset. This model has an AMD ML-30 CPU, and an ATI chipset. On the bottom of the laptop, the sticker does say just "v2000" for the model. It's definitely not the same as the "v2000 CTO" Download the video drivers from above, and that should give you what you need for the smbus controller.