PDA

View Full Version : Dell gx620SFF PCIE video card

5n0wwolf
14-07-2006, 11:47 AM
hi guys, just got a second hand gx620 SFF looking to add a PCIE video card. since the case the quite small, not sure which video card to buy. it needs to has a low bracket. I checked the Low Profile Video Cards online, well, now i am even more confuse :stare:
wonder if anyone can help me, many many thanks.

chiefnz
14-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Have you considered transplanting the entire system into a bigger case? It would be a lot less hassle than trying to find a low profile PCI-E card.

That's what I'd do.

Just my 2c

cheers

chiefnz

5n0wwolf
14-07-2006, 06:47 PM
thanks chiefnz, well, its a long story, its for my mom, she wants a quiet pc. That GX620 SFF is kind of quiet, however, i try to get my mom to start playing world of warcraft, which needs a graphic card. That's the reason why i need to find a card for GX620.

quietly playing WOW :waughh:

cheers

pctek
14-07-2006, 09:16 PM
If the case is skinny enough that a normal card won't fit, then you need not only a low profile card (which means the cards circuit board is half height) but also a low profile bracket as well. Normally you take the tall bracket off the cards board and attach the half height bracket to it. They mostly come with a VGA type hole, so if the card has DVI then that might be harder to find.

Change the case. Its a lot less hassle.

You can ensure its quiet by having very quiet case fans. Like SilenX.