PDA

View Full Version : How do you delete a blank first page in a Word document?

Pauline
14-07-2006, 09:23 AM
I know how to delete a last page but not sure about a first page.
Thanks
Pauline.

Renmoo
14-07-2006, 09:40 AM
Delete... Delete... Delete... - that's the old-fashioned way. :P
Just wondering, how do you delete the last page?

Cheers :)

Misty
14-07-2006, 09:41 AM
I know how to delete a last page but not sure about a first page.
Thanks
Pauline.
If you go to the first line in your second page and place the cursor in front, then "Backspace" until all of your material moves up into the first page. Keep going until the material is placed where you want it on the first page. You have not deleted the first page, merely filled it. That suit your needs ?
Misty :D

Pauline
14-07-2006, 10:31 AM
Hi Misty,
Thanks for that. It does make sense when you think about it.
Pauline.

Sweep
14-07-2006, 11:35 AM
Or highlight all text and cut or delete. All the text on remaining pages shifts up.

netchicken
14-07-2006, 12:01 PM
Pauline, if you turn on the Show/Hide button (looks like a backward looking 'P' maybe next to your zoom button) then you can just highlight the line returns on the first page (the backwards looking 'P's ) or the page break line, and delete them.

The Show /Hide button is really handy to have on.

The first page really isn't blank, there is either a line break, or a page break there.

FoxyMX
14-07-2006, 01:20 PM
Darn. I opened this page an hour ago but was called away from the PC just after thinking I would post the same at netchicken has suggested. Came back and netchicken had beaten me to it. :rolleyes:

Here's another tip though: Keyboard shortcut for hide/show formatting characters is SHIFT+CTRL+*

godfather
14-07-2006, 02:24 PM
Just wondering, how do you delete the last page?

Put the cursor after the last character at the end of the text on the last page with text and keep pressing delete.

Renmoo
14-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Put the cursor after the last character at the end of the text on the last page with text and keep pressing delete.
Thanks for the reply, godfather, but I thought there is another method to delete the last page (something that has to do with mouse-clicks, at least, that's what I think)? Dont worry, anyway. :D