PDA

View Full Version : Digirama on IPOD

hotkiwi
13-07-2006, 09:41 PM
Now I have been reading some threads on this forum from 2005 and there are some ways that point out how digirama-bought songs can be transferred to IPOD. None of the ways really worked for me though. I suspect things have changed because in contrast to in 2005, the digirama site (www.digirama.co.nz) now explicitly states that their music can NOT be played on IPOD.
Is there a freebie way to change to acc or mp3 ? Must be, i would say!
Cheers
Johan

plod
13-07-2006, 10:32 PM
What sort of files are they? WMA I presume
Are they protected files?
If they are WMA and not protected iTunes will convert and import into itunes
also check out ipod hacks (http://www.ipodhacks.com)

alasta
13-07-2006, 11:24 PM
There may be a way to do it, but you wouldn't want to because converting a compressed audio file directly into another codec will cause signal loss. Let's face it, the sound quality of those downloaded files is bad enough without making it any worse.

I suggest you show your distaste for DRM infected music by boycotting online music download services like I am.

bob_doe_nz
13-07-2006, 11:39 PM
Got to agree with Alasta.
The last CD I purchased was on Tardme. Star Wars ROTJ soundtrack. Converted it all to OGG. All Digital and DRM free.

SCREW YOU RIAA

Lizard
14-07-2006, 09:31 AM
Now I have been reading some threads on this forum from 2005 and there are some ways that point out how digirama-bought songs can be transferred to IPOD. None of the ways really worked for me though. I suspect things have changed because in contrast to in 2005, the digirama site (www.digirama.co.nz) now explicitly states that their music can NOT be played on IPOD.
Is there a freebie way to change to acc or mp3 ? Must be, i would say!
Cheers
Johan

My understanding is that any songs you download from Digirama come with a licence to burn to CD, in most cases up to 5 times. In theory, once burnt to CD you can rip as with any other CD (though this is still a breach of the copyright licence and illegal), and import the music into whatever MP3 player you like. I've heard of others that use Winamp lugins to sync their iPods, so presumably songs that you download from Digirama into Winamp may not work as the DRM licence would still be in force.

HTH

Lizard

Fishy
14-07-2006, 02:30 PM
Quite a simple solution to this one...
Download ya tunes with Limewire! :thumbs:

hotkiwi
15-07-2006, 08:10 PM
hehehe, thanks guys.
Just wonder what takes ITunes so long to open an Enzed site.
S'pose the yanks still do not know where Enzed is.
Cheers
Johan

Tux
16-07-2006, 07:08 PM
hehehe, thanks guys.
Just wonder what takes ITunes so long to open an Enzed site.
S'pose the yanks still do not know where Enzed is.
Cheers
Johan

burn a cd but to an iso, then mount the iso and rip the cd, simple