PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Computer WholeSaler

odinchang
13-07-2006, 05:09 PM
Hi there,
I am planning to set up a computer retail business.
Can any one suggest some better wholeseller?

andrew93
13-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Ingram Micro, formerly known as Tech Pacific. Dove Electronics. Renaissance. eXeed. They are all on the web. However, it may be cheaper to use a parallel importer.

pctek
13-07-2006, 08:19 PM
Hi there,
I am planning to set up a computer retail business.
Can any one suggest some better wholeseller?
Better than what? Shouldn't you do a least a little research yourself if you plan on going into business?

quarry
13-07-2006, 11:51 PM
this is where i get info from. you get get the fortnightly magazine where wholesalers advertise

http://reseller.co.nz/Reseller/Reseller.nsf

linw
14-07-2006, 12:03 AM
Like Pctek says, research is good. One good piece of research would be into the razor thin margins, even for the big boys. I have access to a well-known wholesaler's pricelist and I never use them because they are dearer than Internet shops.

And don't forget to factor in after sales support.

But, good luck, anyway.

odinchang
15-07-2006, 02:41 AM
Better than what? Shouldn't you do a least a little research yourself if you plan on going into business?

Sorry about that. I have tried and just found few of them. So come to ask. Sorry About that

Mike
15-07-2006, 10:35 AM
Better than what? Shouldn't you do a least a little research yourself if you plan on going into business?To be fair, I would count this towards doing some research. How do you know that odinchang hasn't done any other research? When I ask questions here, I've usually already looked around and often found other answers, and PressF1 is somewhere to get a second opinion, better answers, and occasionally first but good answers.

Mike.

FoxyMX
15-07-2006, 11:52 AM
To be fair, I would count this towards doing some research. How do you know that odinchang hasn't done any other research? When I ask questions here, I've usually already looked around and often found other answers, and PressF1 is somewhere to get a second opinion, better answers, and occasionally first but good answers.
It's just a pity that you don't often post results feedback after receiving such help and advice. It's bad enough when casual users of the forum do it but it's particularly annoying when long-time users and regulars do it. :(