PDA

View Full Version : best registry cleaner

kenny
12-07-2006, 05:36 PM
Can someone please tell me where is the best registry cleaner. I have tried one or two registry cleaners. but I don't know by cleaning junk files of my system I'm also cleaning up the registry. Can someone point me out to the right direction.

Thanks

Peterj116
12-07-2006, 05:51 PM
I've always liked Registry Mechanic (http://www.pctools.com/registry-mechanic/download/). Not free, but it seems pretty good.

bob_doe_nz
12-07-2006, 05:54 PM
There is also Crap Cleaner (http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Secure-cleaning/CCleaner.shtml) Just remember though that no registry program is 100% safe so please for the love of all things good, back up the registry. :xmouth:

Prescott
13-07-2006, 02:15 AM
Its good to reinstall windows once in a while, just so it cleans out all the junk.

Laura
13-07-2006, 02:54 AM
Easy Cleaner by ToniArts has a simple but attractive interface. It's simple, as the name implies, & has an Undo option as a backstop.

I use both it and Ccleaner, depending on my mood (Want colour or b/white..)

Ccleaner can be configured in greater detail, so can be more thorough.
But its font size can be hard on the eyes.
Easy Cleaner's design is much more user-friendly.

taniz
14-07-2006, 10:26 PM
There is also Crap Cleaner (http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Secure-cleaning/CCleaner.shtml) Just remember though that no registry program is 100% safe so please for the love of all things good, back up the registry. :xmouth:

hey! I downloaded the software PC Optimizer Pro and tried it . I was assuming that the registry program is 100% safe. you should also try PC optimizer Pro and it will work superb.It not only clean the registry of your pc but also got you rid of many start up problems. I'll recommend it to all my friends.

Laura
15-07-2006, 05:01 AM
Looks suspiciously like spam to me.

georgeks
15-07-2006, 05:05 AM
Try jv16 Power Tools. I m using it for 10 years now, and even at work got me out of some dire straits..

FrankS
15-07-2006, 10:35 AM
Second using jv16 Power Tools
Have also got Cleanup but it needs care in setting up

Myth
15-07-2006, 10:44 AM
I used to use (when I used Windows) ToniArts Easy Cleaner. Then I tried WinASO and it completely obliterated it, and was safe by default (never had any issues with it under XP)

Laura
15-07-2006, 04:08 PM
Would you expand a little on that please, Tazz.

I don't understand which "obliterated" what... so recommended or condemned?

Myth
15-07-2006, 06:28 PM
Would you expand a little on that please, Tazz.

I don't understand which "obliterated" what... so recommended or condemned?Well... I ran Easy Cleaner, which found say 10 errors, then I ran WinASO straight after it, which found a further 100 (granted that about 70% of that was MRUs (most recently used) but it was the other 30% that impressed me. Also noticed an increase in speed (was slight but noticeable)

Laura
15-07-2006, 06:37 PM
Thanks for that.

May be the difference between a free one (Easy Cleaner) and one that costs US$29.95...

kenny
18-07-2006, 06:16 PM
hey! I downloaded the software PC Optimizer Pro and tried it . I was assuming that the registry program is 100% safe. you should also try PC optimizer Pro and it will work superb.It not only clean the registry of your pc but also got you rid of many start up problems. I'll recommend it to all my friends.

Taniz,Plz tell me in brief what is this PC Optimizer Pro,so that I can take right decision whether to buy it or not.

tweak'e
18-07-2006, 06:24 PM
Well... I ran Easy Cleaner, which found say 10 errors, then I ran WinASO straight after it, which found a further 100 BUT where they safe ones to remove or are they needed by some program you havn't run yet?

unfortunatly some programs put dead reg entries in on purpose. they are only used if certain features are used/installed. thats has caught many reg cleaners out in the past. thats why regcleaners have a "blacklist" or "ignorelist", which is why you shouldn't use old reg cleaners on a newish system.

taniz
19-07-2006, 11:09 PM
Pc optimizer pro is a best registry cleaner.It will let you out all of your registry problems. It not only clean the registry of your computer but also get the system rid of many start up problem.It is easy to use. I am sure it will give you good performance results.

Try the free trial version and enjoy all the benefits provided by this software.

thanks

Vince
20-07-2006, 06:41 AM
Easy Cleaner by ToniArts has a simple but attractive interface. It's simple, as the name implies, & has an Undo option as a backstop.

I use both it and Ccleaner, depending on my mood (Want colour or b/white..)

Ccleaner can be configured in greater detail, so can be more thorough.
But its font size can be hard on the eyes.
Easy Cleaner's design is much more user-friendly.

I also use both, as a matter of intrest, earlier tonight I ran CCleaner after EasyCleaner had failed to delete the Reg errors it found - It's never failed on me before - CCleaner found nearly twice the number of errors. :)

PeterA
20-07-2006, 11:01 AM
Yes, jv16 Power Tools is really great. I just downloaded a trial copy and it found hundreds of obsolete files as well as fixing several. Highly recommended. It should be on the next CD with the mag.

Peter A

Myth
20-07-2006, 02:00 PM
BUT where they safe ones to remove or are they needed by some program you havn't run yet?

unfortunatly some programs put dead reg entries in on purpose. they are only used if certain features are used/installed. thats has caught many reg cleaners out in the past. thats why regcleaners have a "blacklist" or "ignorelist", which is why you shouldn't use old reg cleaners on a newish system.True, but since I was at the experience level at that time where I could either fix the issue or just reghost, I would click 'Delete All' every time. I never did have any issues though

kenny
25-07-2006, 11:18 PM
I am trying PC Optimizer Pro suggested by taniz here.it seems a good product.It has many features that i need and It is performing good job.I'll purchase it soon after trying it completely.

Thanks,

don_jeremy
27-07-2006, 07:07 AM
[edit: spam removed]