PDA

View Full Version : "Found new Harware" - how delete?!

stuffed
11-07-2006, 10:14 AM
Somehow stuffed up the install of a video card – now every time reboot get “Welcome to Found new Hardware…etc” Then “a problem occurred ….etc”.
How can I get rid of these prompts! BTW – the card is working fine!
Many thanks

Rob99
11-07-2006, 10:24 AM
Check the device manager, there maybe some drivers missing.

stuffed
11-07-2006, 10:49 AM
Checked that - all working well - just want to rid of that @#$ message!
Thanks

SurferJoe46
11-07-2006, 12:24 PM
Did you replace the old mobo built-in with a replacement card?

Did you disable the old driver for the one on the mobo?

There is usually a special sequence to install new cards if they are going to replace an existing device.

Starting from a cold boot, not a restart, disable the old driver/device and shut down the system.

Pull the tower cover off to access the expansion slots; install the new card.

......close the tower, and now power up again.

Don't let the windows wizard "find" and try to install the new hardware...click it away and just run the cd-driver/installer you got with the new card.

A reboot may be necessary to get it all done.

pctek
11-07-2006, 01:32 PM
And is it an ATI card? Did you install the WDM driver too?

Or has it got TV Tuner capablities? It may want that if so....

stuffed
11-07-2006, 02:55 PM
It is a WinFast Guard Pro card and as say is working just fine - surely there must be a way to disable this message without having to go to the trouble of taking the card out.
It was a clean install on a revamped PC – there is another graphic card. XP Pro.
Thanks

JJJJJ
11-07-2006, 02:57 PM
Can't help with your problem but if it's any comfort to you I have the same problem with my printer. For three years, and on three computers, everytime I turn power on to printer, up pops the found new hardware message.
The printer is well and truly installed and works properly.
I've stopped worrying about it.

SolMiester
11-07-2006, 03:01 PM
It is a WinFast Guard Pro card and as say is working just fine - surely there must be a way to disable this message without having to go to the trouble of taking the card out.
It was a clean install on a revamped PC – there is another graphic card. XP Pro.
Thanks

You mean there are now 2 graphics cards? You will have to be clearer with your questions, we are good, but not that good! ;)

SolMiester
11-07-2006, 03:02 PM
JJJJJ, your printer is probably trying to install post script drivers etc. This is why is most cases, you have to install the complete software package 1st, so windows can allocate correct drivers PCL/PS

pctek
11-07-2006, 05:21 PM
So, this is not a graphics card. Its:

"WinFast Guard Pro is integrated with a powerful video capture processor providing better video quality over high PCI 2.1 mastering bus. With an elevated video compression kernel, M-JPEG and proprietary algorithm, WinFast Guard Pro aims to provide multiple video channels as many as 16 video sources on a Pentium III level PC platform, for achieving optimal quality and high compression ratio. WinFast Guard Pro provides video surveillance, A/V recording and remote monitoring functions simultaneously for the security applications."

So you should have one driver for this, which you should have downloaded if it wasn't included on CD.

And one separate driver for your normal graphics card or integrated graphics chip.