PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Window

Vardu101
10-07-2006, 11:20 AM
Hello Folks!

As of yesteday, a window started coming up entitled 'Reminder Window' which gives me the date and time and states that the site (I was not attempting to reach any site) I had been attempting to contact is not available.
I received it again just a few minutes ago and, as it has no minimise, enlarge or delete in the upper right hand corner of the window, can only get it off my screen by clicking ctrl-alt-delete.
Can anybody tell me what this extremely annoying window is all about and how I can permanently rid myself of it?

Thanks

Vardu101
10-07-2006, 11:24 AM
It has just come up again, and the window is entitled 'Reminder Monday' rather than 'Reminder Window' as yesterday's one was called 'Reminder Sunday'.
It will continue to come up no matter how many times I ctrl-alt-delete it.

Very irritating :yuck:

Nyuuji
10-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Not sure, but..,
Microsoft Outlook has those sort of pop up reminders capability I believe.
Maybe a setting change is possible.

Vardu101
10-07-2006, 12:03 PM
I'm not running Outlook, and I can't figure out why this window has started showing up.

mikebartnz
10-07-2006, 06:04 PM
When you Ctrl-Alt-Del and within taskmanager does it tell you what program it is.
Sounds mighty like a bit of spyware/Adware to me. So run Spybot/Ad-Aware or similar.

Vardu101
11-07-2006, 04:17 PM
After fiddling around for a couple of hours, I went into 'Task Scheduler' and discovered that some net connection program had lodged itself to connect to the Web on the hour.
I cannot for the life of me understand how it got there in the first place, but I deleted it and the window has not come up since.

Thanks for all your help folks!

Cheers :)

Laura
11-07-2006, 06:29 PM
It would be interesting to know the name of " some net connection program."