PDA

View Full Version : Wireless problem

mickeyc
09-07-2006, 03:15 AM
hi im running a wireless network, 2 comps both have same PCI wireless cards in them im on 4meg line from ntl and am using a 54g belkin router.

however my internet seems to be locking up for abt 5-10 secs at a time, this can happen once every half an hour, or 3-4 times a minute, though my connection speed and signal strength stay the same usually at 54mbs with a low signal strength. However for first 2-3 months of my wireless connection everything was fine no lockups, but been happeneing for months now.

Run anti virus found nothing rung my ISP they said its all fine there end, anyone had similar problem? thxs

Vistra
09-07-2006, 10:13 AM
Hi mikeyc.

I dont know about your router, but with a D-link you can change the frequency of your connections. If the signal is showing up as weak, its not good. Try changing the channel (or frequency).

Is this happening to both of your computers? If not, what signal rating is the other computer?

We had a person that was only 3-4 metres away from the router, and his signal was mostly on max, but when the TV got turned on or the radio etc, the signal would drop to its lowest point.

If it is your lack of signal, there are signal boosters you can buy.

Hope this helps.