PDA

View Full Version : DVD burning problem...!

JOYBEBA6679
07-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Hi to you all, hope you are Ok. The problem that im having is this: I have one Dell Desktop with Pentium 4, CPU 3.00GHz, 512 MB of RAM, 80 GB of hard drive and running on Windows XP SP2.

Iím trying to use Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 and when I try to burn an avi movie file ( 600 MB +) to a DVD the process takes more than 3 hours to complete and when it's finishes and I try to watch the DVD on the DVD player I have at home the video looks great but the audio has a big delay!, by this I mean that people on the movie talk but you can hear what they say like 20 seconds late. The DVDs im using are "Maxell DVD+RW 4.7 GB 2Hrs SP mode".

I would like to know if there is something really wrong with my PC and how could I fix this delay on the DVDs. Thanks in advance my friends!!

Metla
07-07-2006, 04:07 PM
Sounds like a software issue to me, I point the finger of doom at roxio, Try an alternative.

JOYBEBA6679
07-07-2006, 04:15 PM
Well I also tried the latest Nero product and although the movie came out right it took like 3 hours too to complete, is this normal when burning large avi files to DVD??

Metla
07-07-2006, 04:24 PM
Depending on the source material the answer is yes, if not longer.

Its a 2 step process, the actual burning to DVD only takes a few minutes, re-encoding the file to match the DVD format (so a DVD player can play it) is what takes all the time and effort.

The longer the better imo, I set mine up for quality and then let them encode over night and save the file as an ISO, I burn em to DVD at a later date.

JOYBEBA6679
07-07-2006, 04:27 PM
Depending on the source material the answer is yes, if not longer.

Its a 2 step process, the actual burning to DVD only takes a few minutes, re-encoding the file to match the DVD format (so a DVD player can play it) is what takes all the time and effort.

The longer the better imo, I set mine up for quality and then let them encode over night and save the file as an ISO, I burn em to DVD at a later date.

Do you think it's better this way? I mean making it an ISO and then burning it? Could you explian a little more to me, sorry im a bit of a noob about this.

Metla
07-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Better?

Well, it just suits me, so for me its better.

At the end of the process (before encoding begins) you are usually asked which drive to burn to, I hit the little arrow and select one of my harddrives and it saves the file as an ISO (an image of the DVD) rather then burning it to the actual DVD.

his gives me a permanent backop of the DVD (well, untill my Harddrive dies, and they all are destined to die) meaning I can fire off extra copies in a few minutes. (handy if your DVD is a dud)