PDA

View Full Version : SETI boss talking in Auckland today, 4pm

Chris Keall
07-07-2006, 10:43 AM
... at AUT. Free. Details here (http://blogs.pcworld.co.nz/pcworld/ck-live/2006/06/seti_director_lecturing_in_auc_1.html).

Trev
07-07-2006, 11:20 AM
I ran Seti from 1999 until they changed the way it worked, which I didn't like, and no longer run it. I did about 5,000 units.

Trevor :)

Chris Keall
07-07-2006, 11:49 AM
We'll here's your chance to tell the boss about it directly, if you're in town.
What was the change you didn't like, incidentally?

pctek
07-07-2006, 12:15 PM
"Search for intelligent life reaches Auckland"

So where else on the planet have they failed to find any so far?

Trev
07-07-2006, 02:07 PM
We'll here's your chance to tell the boss about it directly, if you're in town.
What was the change you didn't like, incidentally?
Ok. I hope I get the names right here. When I use to run Seti I also ran 2 other programs as well. One was called Seti Spy which kept track of all the information of all the units you had done etc without you having to go to the Seti website. Another program I also ran was called Seti Driver this programe allowed you to download as many seti units as you wanted to and store them on your computer before processing them. When you had done them you sent them back at your own leasure and download some more. Seti Driver also processed the units. When they changed the Seti Client name to I think Boing Client these 2 programes wouldn't work as they worked on the Seti Client name. Anyway that was about 6 months or more ago and haven't checked Seti out since then or the programes to see if there have been any fixes.

Trev
07-07-2006, 02:27 PM
Ok. I hope I get the names right here. When I use to run Seti I also ran 2 other programs as well. One was called Seti Spy which kept track of all the information of all the units you had done etc without you having to go to the Seti website. Another program I also ran was called Seti Driver this programe allowed you to download as many seti units as you wanted to and store them on your computer before processing them. When you had done them you sent them back at your own leasure and download some more. Seti Driver also processed the units. When they changed the Seti Client name to I think Boing Client these 2 programes wouldn't work as they worked on the Seti Client name. Anyway that was about 6 months or more ago and haven't checked Seti out since then or the programes to see if there have been any fixes.

Should read BOINC Client not BOING