PDA

View Full Version : Windows Media Player; song descriptions....

KiwiMR2
05-07-2006, 09:41 PM
I've noticed that regardless of what I have called a song file i.e.

1-10 Since I_ve Been Loving.mp3

When I play it in Media Player the description is full, i.e Led Zeplin Remasters, Jimmy page, robert plant, Since I've been loving you, le Zeplin.

Where is it getting that description from?? I wanna fix all the names & at the moment I have to play it in media player and switch back & rename what I see there....any quick way to get that info without having to fire up the song?

Cheers
KiwiMR2

Speedy Gonzales
05-07-2006, 10:04 PM
Its most probably using cddb and getting the info off the net.

KiwiMR2
05-07-2006, 10:10 PM
Its most probably using cddb and getting the info off the net.

Ya reakon?........for individual MP3's? I can understand an orgional cd but for single songs I didn't think that would work as there could be to many results!?

Cheers
KiwiMR2

Speedy Gonzales
05-07-2006, 10:22 PM
How are you renaming them??

In WMP or by pressing F2 then renaming them in My computer?

KiwiMR2
05-07-2006, 10:24 PM
How are you renaming them??

In WMP or by pressing F2 then renaming them in My computer?

F2.

There all mucked up....some only have "track 1", or " walk_right_down 001" etc so im just tidying them all up.

Cheers
KiwiMR2

zqwerty
05-07-2006, 10:26 PM
There are a number of programs that will enable you to tidy up those entries but the best ones name eludes me for the moment. However Winamp is quite good for doing this. When you have the files loaded into Winamp you can rightclick each entry/file info in the Playlist then edit them. The best other program for doing this (besides the exclusively editing program that I can't remember) is Foobar2000, it is better in every way than Winamp including sound quality out. The best audio player. You will never use Windows Media player again for audio after you use this one, a bit like the equivalent of Firefox for audio.

alasta
06-07-2006, 08:26 AM
If you right-click on a song (or selection of songs) and select 'find album information', then select the correct track information from the list. If the list doesn't present anything suitable, you can click the magnifying glass icon, type in the song and artist information, and search again. Note that this process requires that you be connected to the Internet.

Tukapa
06-07-2006, 03:36 PM
HiI have done this tidying up of my MP3 files for all 60GB of MP3's that I have. The two programs I use (and now couldn't be without) are:

File and MP3 tag renamer found here
http://www.123renamer.com/

and
Tag & Rename found here
http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm

Swear by them.

HTH

KiwiMR2
07-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the recomendations guys...I'll give them a try :)

Cheers
KiwiMR2