PDA

View Full Version : Opera 9 / Internet bank probs

beetle
05-07-2006, 10:19 AM
Ok updated to opera 9 ...beginning to regret it but any way. :rolleyes:

i can log into my bank, and access transaction list but any other options, drop down menus dont work? so cant transfr or check other accounts etc, payments blah blah blah stuff.

So i fire up IE :stare: to do it, and cant get past log in page cos i cant see the special code. just a red X in the box...
is this a bank glitch or an opera glitch? and what is it called so i can find a fix? or im uninstalling the stupid opera 9 and going back to the last version i had.
means ill have to go to the bank!!!!!!!!!!

Mum should of know it was going to get worse, when opera crashes on install start up eh? and being the famous beetle nothing ever is just a simple download and install for me....

:illogical

ideas and help appreciated.

beetle :stare:

mantermite
05-07-2006, 10:23 AM
Reassign default settings to IE, and make it the default web browser.
Clear out your temp files and cookies and start afresh.
May be re-install Opera 9 (trust me it works wonderfully well).

Banks sites don't need java do they? No I don't think so? :illogical

Try that and see what happens.
Could have been a bad install and just fudged a few things.

FoxyMX
05-07-2006, 12:07 PM
Press the F12 key and ensure that "Enable Javascript" is ticked.

What bank are you using?

joshjnz
05-07-2006, 12:48 PM
Did you do a clean install? There have been reports of problems when installing over previous versions.

steelsporran
05-07-2006, 02:33 PM
I had similar probs with kiwibank. Press F12 and select "edit site preferences"
then select the "network" tab for the emulation menu you had in 8.54.

beetle
05-07-2006, 07:23 PM
and what network thing am i to tick or untick? lost me, i dont know what i had........

and so a restart of opera after that?

beetle :illogical

Speedy Gonzales
05-07-2006, 08:40 PM
If its the same as when I go here (http://www.activecatalog.co.nz/prod/compulink/)

In IE on the lefthand side, it shows the different kinds of hardware you can check the prices for. In Opera, the lefthand side is blank.

Try going back to the site, right mouse on the site / edit site prefs / network. Change browser ID to Identify as IE, then refresh the site.

See what happens then.

I just tried this option, on the above and I got the left hand side of this site back.

I would also get Build 8509 (http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/) of Opera. Since Opera 9 seems to have stability probs.

beetle
06-07-2006, 10:06 AM
ok tried f12 thingy, cant get it to work, did a restore back to before opera 9 and found old opera corupted and crashes on opening............
4 times since then i have tried to download speddys version suggested............and it wont follow on it crashes as well, on download, never gets to install.

but today i started early and a fresh install is nearly downloaded........... so hope it goes well or opera is off the list forever.........

i dont kneed this extra stress at the moment and so computers are not my fav toy any more..:(

beetle :(

beetle
06-07-2006, 10:28 AM
oh well new version makes not one jot of difference.........

i still cant get internet banking to do what i want.... lol no drop down menus etc.

:horrified

beetle

FoxyMX
06-07-2006, 10:58 AM
Well you still haven't replied to my query on what bank you are using. If you told us then someone else who may use that bank and Opera 9 might be able to let us know whether they have the same problem or not.

beetle
06-07-2006, 11:14 AM
Sigh...
as one of the other guys has already stated what bank i tried his fix and it dont work....kiwibank.

been a not good few days so....forgetting more than i am remembering... :xmouth:

beetle

FoxyMX
06-07-2006, 11:26 AM
Unfortunately Opera has been known to have issues with banking sites for some reason but it's weird how it used to work for you but now doesn't. I am not a Kiwibank customer so I can't have a look. Unless you give me your bank username and password. :p

I would suggest posting in the Opera forums because the developers take notice of what problems people are having and provide fixes fairly promptly if they can. Or they make suggestions on how the webmasters can fix their pages to allow Opera to work. I have passed on information like this several times in the past and got websites fixed up, one being the Inland Revenue site who bent over backwards to get it right so don't assume that Kiwibank won't be interested.

steelsporran
06-07-2006, 12:23 PM
On a much earlier Opera version Kiwibank's webmaster told me to emulate Mozilla to fix the pop up calendar. Only minor prob now is must have full page width to capture the pull-downs.

beetle
06-07-2006, 01:17 PM
:confused: :confused:

its working now? and ive changed nothing since since i last posted?????

sigh...........

:confused:
thank you all for your help. much appreciate it.

beetle

FoxyMX
06-07-2006, 02:35 PM
It's called Beetle's Law. :lol:

Ninjabear
06-07-2006, 02:51 PM
Im using Opera 9 but am having no problems with kiwibank,tsb,asb and national bank internet banking website..

beetle
10-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Sigh..................has some probs on friday and had to do a restore or 3...and now it wonnt work again, restatred opera and all the same things done.. :rolleyes:

and it still wont go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Murphy must be at my house................

sigh, im destined to not have it ya think...

:rolleyes:

beetle

beetle
11-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Ok a complete uninstall of opera..no opera on my machine, and a reinstall..and loaded tabs, settings, passwords and most of my tweaks.........and it still dont work. and i cant bank thro IE either........

so i have 24 hrs to find a fix, cos other wise my internet will be cut off cos thats what i got to pay.and cant get it to work!!!

any new ideas greatly appreciated.....help....

:(

beetle

Jen
11-07-2006, 07:05 PM
Considering IE is also having performance issues, I would also look at the other 3rd party software you have that involves security or blocking of websites images.

With any browser issues, it is better to test out a solution without having first added back in tweakes and add-ons incase one of these are behind the problem. Also try putting Opera back to default settings.

With the complete uninstall of Opera, did this also include all of Operas personal configuration files which may not of been removed with the uninstallation?

beetle
11-07-2006, 07:22 PM
I tested at each change, as default normal opera, no tweaks........... and at each change i made as well.....

3rd party like what ? im sorry im lost at that idea....

But it was working well........... no probs last week, then up grade, and nitemare city....

sigh, nothing is ever simple.....
With IE the special code box has a red X in it..this give a clue????

thanxs

beetle :(

allblack
12-07-2006, 08:40 AM
beetle,

go the the kiwibank web page, click on Internet Banking Login, and at the bottom of the page you can click on a link called "having problems logging in"....

You may (or not) find some help there. It appears from a comment there that whilst Opera seems to work, it's more good luck than anything as the site was intended for use with IE...

T

Rob99
12-07-2006, 10:28 AM
the site was intended for use with IE...
Instead of "intended for the customers of Kiwi bank".

Sounds like crap coding, email/phone them, tell them your embarrassed for them, get it sorted or you will shift your accounts.

beetle
12-07-2006, 10:48 AM
beetle,

go the the kiwibank web page, click on Internet Banking Login, and at the bottom of the page you can click on a link called "having problems logging in"....

You may (or not) find some help there. It appears from a comment there that whilst Opera seems to work, it's more good luck than anything as the site was intended for use with IE...

T

But sweetie it comes back to i cant get IE to work on that site either................:(
so either way im in the crap.... gonna be cut off soon....:p

beetle

allblack
12-07-2006, 11:07 AM
Got your solution!

Get Jeep keys, assume the position in said vehicle, and drive to KB branch. Seems there's two in Wanagnui....

T

beetle
12-07-2006, 11:44 AM
Ok well no need for that drastic measure.:p

thanxs to mum, i have downloaded an older version of opera that loads, installs and runs the banking site just fine..............so im all paid up and ya stuck with me for another month.:p 2nd try lucky...stupid dial up......
Thanxs Mum!

but that still doesnt explain the problems with opera 9 and IE not being able to work correctly for me????

must remember to go find that hammer i lent out...........

a few other snags i have found in opera 9 are clinking on links, and clicking on smileys ....doesnt always work either............so its all manual placement....

thanxs for all your ideas and help people.............. wait for the next drama instalment of the beetle kind, im sure itll happen just when and what is yet to be seen.............:p

beetle

FoxyMX
12-07-2006, 03:33 PM
Well that's good news. :cool:

Weird how Opera 9 doesn't like you though. Perhaps you're probably too electrifying for it just yet. :p

Might I recommend that you do as Rob99 suggested and let KiwiBank know that their site does not work well with Opera 9 and tell them to get it fixed pronto!!

Oh, and next time make sure your system restore is working properly before you start upgrading things!! :D

stu161204
12-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Oh, and next time make sure your system restore is working properly before you start upgrading things!! :D

FoxyMX has a very good point there :)