PDA

View Full Version : Windows Movie Maker Questions...

bigmit37
04-07-2006, 07:45 PM
OK, My friend made a video of me and put it onto my computer. He used Windows Movie Maker when converting the video into my computer through a firewire port.

When this was being done, I saw the whole video divided into many many clips.
The process finished and I turned off my computer. After turning it back on, I see that the file is stored a Windows Media player file and not Movie Maker anymore, and it is all lumped together for an hour's worth of footage.

I tried using Windows Movie Maker to open the file, but it doesn't recognize it.

I really want it divided into many clips, since I have to chose 2 and put them onto a DVD.

Is there a way to convert this huge lump of video into many clips? I am assuming I have to covert wmv file into the Movie Maker file.

How would I go about doing so?

thank you,

bigmit

Laura
06-07-2006, 04:44 AM
bump

lazydog
06-07-2006, 11:06 AM
First of all open up moviemaker and look in "My Collections" to see if the original footage is still there.
If it is, find the part you want, trim it if needed and save it .

If it isn't then to save just sections of the video that was created in moviemaker open moviemaker up and import the video that was made and clip out the footage you dont want and save the section you do want.

newbie1
23-01-2008, 12:03 PM
we have cretaed a movie and it was basically finished then the pc turned off and when we reopened the project the tracks had red crosses through them, anyone know how to return them back to normal. we have tried seaching for them but even when we find the same music it just says that it doesnt match???????????? help please

Bantu
23-01-2008, 04:34 PM
If you used Movie maker to capture DV from a Tape camera then Movie Maker would have asked what directory and format you wanted to store the captured Video in the first place.

The ultimate capture format for the PC is to use "Other Settings" and scroll to DV-AVI (PAL) anything less than that is of lesser quality. The folder you choose to store it upon capture will be where it still is unless you deleted it.

If it is another format then Movie Maker might or might not recognise it depending on what codecs you have installed on your PC.

IF Movie Maker can read that original footage you might be able to re-build your movie in Movie Maker.