PDA

View Full Version : CPU tempature...?

CorbinH
04-07-2006, 07:29 PM
So in my computers BIOS settings theres an option for temperature for the fan speed to come on low, medium, and high speeds... A long time ago with out thinking i changed all these :). My computer runs slow a lot and i realized maybe its over heating... The temperatures are in C, can someone please tell me what some suggested tempatures to set these at would be?

Jen
04-07-2006, 07:55 PM
What does the BIOS hardware monitor report the CPU temperature as? What sort of processor is it?

CorbinH
07-07-2006, 12:01 PM
Sorry for the slow response. Been gone the past couple days... The internal temperature is around 47 degrees and the CPU temp. is around 51... AMD Athlon 64 3500+ processor. Im fairly sure its in celcius and if it is in celcius should it really be 51? Thats pretty high...

tweak'e
07-07-2006, 01:18 PM
the internal temperature is around 47 degrees and the CPU temp. is around 51

the cpu temp isn't the problem, the case temp is way to high. mind you what is your room temp, i guess its summer time over there?

CorbinH
07-07-2006, 01:38 PM
the cpu temp isn't the problem, the case temp is way to high. mind you what is your room temp, i guess its summer time over there?
Yeah its summer... 70-72 room temperature... Hmm so in celcius thats like 21ish degrees? So the cast is like 25 degrees hotter than room temp. Or well celius degrees... Whoa! Just looked it up and 47 degrees celsius is 116 degrees farenheit....

The_End_Of_Reality
07-07-2006, 03:12 PM
how many case fans are in there? are they clogged up?

You must have some poor air flow there...

tweak'e
07-07-2006, 03:42 PM
take the side of the case off. dos the temp drop?

common thing....sitting the pc on carpet. the pc sinks in a liitle bit and the carbet blocks the main air inlet which is a the bottom front.

CorbinH
08-07-2006, 10:51 PM
its in a wooden desk. I'll check if the fan(s) are clogged later (4:48 AM right now)... Been a while since ive done anything inside my computer so i dont remember how many fans lol...

pctek
09-07-2006, 10:08 AM
its in a wooden desk. I'll check if the fan(s) are clogged later (4:48 AM right now)... Been a while since ive done anything inside my computer so i dont remember how many fans lol...
"in" a wooden desk? One of those compartmenst they sit in? Take it out and put it up top or on the floor. They are bad for airflow.

51 is pretty high if thats its idle temp. It will go up quite a bit more once gaming, if you do any gaming.

One thing - you say it runs slow - its more likely to shut off if it gets too hot, or crash. Have you done a spyware check on it?

Vistra
09-07-2006, 11:02 AM
You can always get a chipset fan if it does not already have one.

tweak'e
09-07-2006, 01:13 PM
You can always get a chipset fan if it does not already have one.
????

like what difference will that make ?? :confused:

sweet f all !