PDA

View Full Version : Firefox v Internet Explorer-organlive

effie c
04-07-2006, 12:12 PM
Hi
I enjoy organlive using mp3 etc and it works a treat on Internet Explorer but will NOT work in Firefox. :(
All it does in Firefox is "save to desk top" placing all sorts of icons on it -but no sound :illogical
Obviously there has to be a setting, but where do I find that ?
A friend has just informed me that he too tried these two browsers and got the same thing :confused:

effie c

pctek
04-07-2006, 12:31 PM
Listen to Live365 Using Player365 and Firefox

1. Make sure you are using the latest version of FireFox. - Click "Help" on the tool bar and select "Check for Updates" - If there is an update, install it and re-start FireFox.

2. Click "Tools" on the tool bar and select "Extentions" from the dropdown. - A window will pop up with all of the extentions that you have installed. - In the lower right hand corner there is a link "Get More Extentions" click it and a new window (or tab) will open.

3. It will offer you several options, you want to download the "IE Tab" Extention ( here is the direct link https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1419/ )

4. Once it installs, re-start FireFox.

5. You now have the option of loading the page in an "IE Tab" by right clicking the link.

6. You can set a site, or URL to auto load in an "IE Tab" by clicking the "Tools" drop down on the tool bar and selecting "IE Tab Options"

7. Click on the "Site Filter" tab in the options box.

8. In the "URL:" window at the bottom type " http://www.live365.com" and click "add"

9. Click "OK"

10. Thats it, all done.

Now when you open a Live365 site, it will open in an "IE Tab" and you will no longer have to run two browsers.

effie c
04-07-2006, 12:46 PM
Hi Pctek,
sounds complicated but I will do just that --and thank you---
I had downloaded Firefox while trying to find Google video player,and Firefox immediately told me that I had to downlaod flash player etc, which worked -- Int Ex did no such thing.
I downloaded what I thought was the latest -perhaps not so---
I am ambivalent about Firefox even now - and it would appear that I E is the only one to be able to use Organ live unless I have that tab you have suggested.
effie c

effie c
04-07-2006, 03:00 PM
Hi pctek,
Done that - everything shows as you said it would----but I ain't got no sound? :(
Again there shows a continual list of files which show on the desk top-- the www.live.365.com play list shows and the various pieces being played move but again no sound-- :confused:
:badpc:
effie c

effie c
04-07-2006, 03:21 PM
Hi Pctek,
Apparently I have yet to download live player 365 - sorry - will try again
effie c

pctek
04-07-2006, 04:01 PM
That info I found was on Organlives help page.

All this IE stuff is because of horrible websites that write only for IE and not proper browsers.... :D

effie c
04-07-2006, 04:25 PM
Hi Pctek,
No success as to sound - I downloaded player 365 etc but it asked for a plugin- twenty mins later it was still searching :badpc:
Everything comes up as in I E but absolutely no sound - I checked to see if sound was off -in the pooter settings- nope !
The friend who advised me says he has the sound O K and he too uses I E and Firefox--what a debacle :o
Is it me ?
I repeat absolutely everything is working bar sound-it even has a sound bar graph pulsating --silently :confused:

keep talking to me ----pleeeeaaasseee :D

effie c (aka Ed)