PDA

View Full Version : XTRA Jetstream plans - Old vs New

Miami Steve
04-07-2006, 11:05 AM
Last night I discovered why I had seen little or no increase in my download speeds when I received a letter from Xtra advising that if I wished, I could swap my plan to one of the new 3.5M plans. This letter was confusing for several reasons (and I suspect I will eventually have to call Xtra to sort things out, but I'm trying to avoid that for the moment).

1. I was under the impression that the changeover from the old 2M plans to the 3.5M plans was automatic - that was certainly the impression I got from the previous letter in April.

2. The letter lists my current plan and a suggested plan. Unfortunately, I do not recognise the current plan and can find no mention of it on the Xtra website.

Current Plan = Xtra Jetstream Plus -2Mbps/192Kbps/10GB
Suggested Plan = Adventure Calling - 3.5Mbps/128Kbps/10GB

3. The suggested plan is the plan that (I believe) I was always on in the past (albeit with 2Mbps/192Kbps speeds).

So, has anybody else had the same experience? What is the Xtra Jetstream Plus plan? Did anybody else have to manually upgrade to the new 3.5Mbps plans?

godfather
04-07-2006, 11:46 AM
From Telecom media release Sept 2004:
http://www.telecom-media.co.nz/releases_detail.asp?id=3096

Shortcircuit
04-07-2006, 01:36 PM
I got an e-mail from Xtra months ago to advise that the new plans are coming and ' I would not have to do anything'.

Nothing happened, so a few weeks ago I changed my plan online from a supposedly 2gig limit to the new Adventure plan with 10gig limit.

Yesterday I received a letter from Xtra much the same as yours Miami Steve, except mine read:

current plan Swift/59.95/2mbps/192kbps/10 gig
suggested Advent/59.95/3.5mbps/128kbps/10 gig

Apart from already being on the Adventure plan the rest appears to be 'smoke and mirrors' with an 'upgrade' to a theoretical 3.5mbps and a downgrade to 128kbps upload speed.

A bit of laugh all around really :D

Miami Steve
04-07-2006, 01:41 PM
Something, somewhere seems to have gone amiss within Xtra. I am 99.9% sure that I am (supposed to be) on the Adventure plan. I will carry out a thorough search to locate letters/emails that confirm my current plan. :waughh:

Shortcircuit
04-07-2006, 01:46 PM
Have you logged into your Xtra account?, I'm pretty sure it says the name of the plan on the usage meter.

Miami Steve
04-07-2006, 01:50 PM
Have you logged into your Xtra account?, I'm pretty sure it says the name of the plan on the usage meter.
Yes. And it does say Xtra Jetstream Plus calling, but it used to say Adventure.

Shortcircuit
04-07-2006, 01:59 PM
I just checked mine and it says 'Adventure calling', which is what I changed it to a few weeks ago.

Maybe they have realised that they can't provide you with the 'promised' 3.5mbps speed and have put you back on the old Jetstream plus plan. :confused: