PDA

View Full Version : KVM and Wireless Keyboard/Mouse

Mackin_NZ
03-07-2006, 02:54 PM
Hi there,

I have 4 computers sharing a single wired keyboard/mouse via a Belkin SOHO KVM switch (F1D5104T).

A while back I tried using a wireless keyboard & mouse but the KVM didn't like it, I had all sorts of problems switching between computers. I e-mailed Belkin and they replied saying the KVM doesn't support wireless.

Does anyone know of a KVM that does support a wireless keyboard & mouse? I've been looking at one of these (http://www.ascent.co.nz/ProductSpecification.aspx?ItemID=346691) and I've emailed the manufacturer asking about wireless support, yet to receive a reply.

If anyone knows of a good KVM that supports wireless I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Mackin

Tukapa
03-07-2006, 03:28 PM
Hi

I have a DSE KVM running two PC's and am using a Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse combo with no problems.

Have been running them for two months now.

Hope this helps.

EDIT

This is the one I have by the looks of it

http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/44a881a40e213a0e2740c0a87f990725/Product/View/XH4512

jcr1
03-07-2006, 07:51 PM
I have an old clunker of a KVM, which my son gave me when he went overseas, bought from DSE a few years ago.
Works fine with my Belkin wireless keyboard & mouse.
Runs 2 computers.

John H
04-07-2006, 09:19 AM
I gave up on using KVM and now use a software method - KaVoom. Does the same thing, you can use it wirelessly (I do!) and NO extra cables. Plus it is much cheaper than the hardware solution. You may want to check it out before committing to another bit of hardware.

John

jcr1
04-07-2006, 01:13 PM
I have an old clunker of a KVM, which my son gave me when he went overseas, bought from DSE a few years ago.
Works fine with my Belkin wireless keyboard & mouse.
Runs 2 computers.
I suppose I should qualify this. It sits there for when and if I install linux on my second computer. I actually use putty and Filezilla for interconnectivity (I don't have a GUI on the linux machine).

Mackin_NZ
04-07-2006, 06:06 PM
Thanks for your comments.

I just had an reply from Aten with a comprehensive list of supported keyboards & mice. All the major wireless brands are supported.

Mackin.

padishar123
11-03-2007, 02:19 PM
Would you please post this list or send it to me please? I've spent three hours digging for an answer to this question.

I've had a Belkin 2 port KVM (old one) for nearly 4 years now. I love it! It works with my logitech KB and Mouse perfectly. Unfortunately to my bad habit of building used pc's for people and whatnot i always have to unplug my 2nd computer. So i bought a 4 port KVM which doesn't work with wireless keybaords. so now i'm screwed. and the worst thing is i gave my 2 port to my dad so now i'm stuck using a wired KB and mouse again.

i don't understand this: the internet is full of people questing to locate a KVM that will support microsoft and logitech keyboards....why can't every kvm support them? i'm an electrical/software engineer and belive me....it's not that hard.

try building satellite imagers...that's hard.

So anyways...i would appreciate the list if you would be so kind.

Have a nice day!

~Aaron

Mackin_NZ
11-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Sorry, you've ressurrected an old thread and I can't find the list Aten sent me now.

However if you e-mail ATEN from the link on their website they may send you the information as they did me.

Also, Anyware Compter Accessories are the distributors for Aten products in NZ and they were very helpful. http://www.anyware.com.au/Browse/Browse.aspx

I can confirm that my 4 port Aten CS-1764 works perfectly with my Microsoft Wireless keyboard & mouse on both Windows & Linux.