PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Battery Charging.

hsv-b0y
02-07-2006, 08:39 PM
Hi, I bought an Acer Aspire 3624 laptop the other day, but I dont no anything about how to charge the battery, or how long for. I have been through the manual many times and nothing at all is mentioned about this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

alasta
02-07-2006, 08:51 PM
I have a 3624, and there is a program in the start menu called Acer ePower Management. If you open that, it will tell you how much charge you have remaining in your battery so when it shows 100% or close to it, then you know your battery is fully charged.

hsv-b0y
02-07-2006, 08:53 PM
How long does yours take to charge? And does it charge while you are using it? Thanks.

alasta
02-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Yes, it charges when it's in use. I honestly couldn't tell you how long it takes to charge, since I've never drained the battery enough. I guess I'll find out when I take it on holiday in a couple of weeks!

TGoddard
02-07-2006, 09:03 PM
To charge, simply plug the notebook in using the power cable that cme with it. It can charge while you use it. The charge time varies, you'll need to get used to the time it takes for you.

If you see a battery icon on the taskbar in the lower right area of the screen then hovering over it will tell you how much charge is remaining and will estimate how much longer you can use it for if the notebook is unplugged.

hsv-b0y
02-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Hmm, my ac adapter is pluged in and turned on, yet it still thinks its on battery. The is a big X over the battery icon, and the "time remaining" isnt changing. In the acer epower managment ment it wont let me select an 'AC' profile.

Any Ideas?

TGoddard
02-07-2006, 10:29 PM
I couldn't help you without seeing the problem myself if it doesn't work normally. You might like to drop in to the store where you got it and ask them.

alasta
03-07-2006, 07:27 AM
It sounds like the machine thinks that the battery is not fitted. I suggest you check that the electrical terminals on the battery are making good contact and, failing that, you may have a faulty unit.

hsv-b0y
03-07-2006, 10:24 AM
Turns out i had a faulty power supply, so went in and swapped it this morning and everythings all good.

Thanks for all your help.