PDA

View Full Version : How to Copy the entir CD on Harddisk and run it from there ?

kaleem
02-07-2006, 04:16 AM
Could some one guide me ...........

Normally we put a CD in the CD drive and run it with the help of its software which is earlier installed on the hard disk.

In case if I copy the entire CD at some place on my Hard disk and try to run that CD from there, it does not work.

What I understand that some where in the software which was initially installed on the hard disk from CD have such command that read from CD or some thing like that.... I hope I think correctly here...

How can I change this command and ask the software to run from that specific location with in the hard disk and not from CD.... There should be some way of doing it , and may be more simpler as compared to what I 'm thinking over here...
Let me know if some one have any idea and give me the solution...

SurferJoe46
02-07-2006, 04:28 AM
Are you ripping the cd to the hdd?

If so, then you can use WMP to find it (Go to FILE>> Add To Library..and pick the way you want WMP to search for it.) in WMP, or right click the file you ripped and copy it to WMP.

Beware that if you let WMP search for all files, you're gonna get a lot of them!!!

Every .wav file from Windows sound effects and every game or device that makes noise and start-up signals are gonna be in the library that way. :blush:

drcspy
02-07-2006, 05:19 AM
not too suer where but somewhere in the registry will be a 'pointer' to tell the program where to look for the files from the cd......its certainly possible to modify this to make it look for those files in some other location.....

Nyuuji
02-07-2006, 08:32 AM
Sounds like "DAEMON tools" might be what you are after? (cd/dv-rom emulator)

Which you can get from here..
http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=5

Version 4.0.3 X86 is for 32bit OS.

Greg
02-07-2006, 08:39 AM
Joe - what he's asking has nothing to do with WMP. What he needs is a CD emulator, so that whatever he's trying to run will believe that it's being run from the actual CD disk and not the hard drive. It's possibly a game that he's on about.

Do a search on Google for results like these (http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&q=cd+emulator&btnG=Google+Search&meta=) . Alcohol120 does it.

SurferJoe46
02-07-2006, 12:21 PM
Well...I DID ask!

He wasn't saying what type of stuff was on the cd he wanted to install on the hdd...I assumed music, as there was no mention of a game or needing to emulate a drive.

Just a rip to drive and play from there with a media player that was already installed on the drive was what I got from his post. It was a little lacking in details, methinks.

Games are not my forte' either.

JJJJJ
02-07-2006, 01:44 PM
What about "xcopy d: c:"

Used to work with dos.

Does XP recognise xcopy?