PDA

View Full Version : DVD-RW Not Getting full capacity

DigitalMessiah
01-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Ok so i have 4.7gb 120 minute dvd-rw's im trying to burn a copy of Ultraviolet and some other movies to the disc and its maxing out at 3.5 gb, the movie is 1 hour 34 minutes so its not reaching the limit on time, Im using Memorex brand with Nero StartSmart burner , and Optiarc DVD Burner that came with my mom's brand new Dell Dimension B110 series PC, Any idea what im missing?

Speedy Gonzales
01-07-2006, 07:43 PM
Whats the hard drive formatted in??

FAT32 or NTFS??

This maybe the prob, as FAT32 has a file limit of 4GB.

NTFS doesn't.

TGoddard
01-07-2006, 08:36 PM
The DVD standard allows for multiple quality levels. When a time capacity is given it should say somewhere (probably in the small text) what quality it's measured at. You may need to reduce the quality of your film or split it over two DVDs.

DigitalMessiah
02-07-2006, 05:46 AM
This is an NTFS HD, im running windows xp home on this pc, how would i split a file into two halves? i have no clue how to edit films otherwisw i could remove the credits and the intro in the beginning to save time,

Speedy Gonzales
02-07-2006, 07:47 AM
You could try Moviemaker, which is part of XP. Or Nerovision, (which is a separate program from Nero burning Rom), but some of the options in this need a serial, to activate it.

Or you could try some Ulead program, or this (http://www.cdburnerxp.se/) which is free.

But I've never used it. So, dont know what it can or cant do.

DigitalMessiah
02-07-2006, 05:04 PM
well i downloaded the uled program and a pirated version of nero which i cant mount cuz its in a weird format, and the uled program writes the disc but doesnt make it video compatible in my PS2, i managed to split the video into halves, i downloaded this video and its in AC3 Filter format or so it says, i downloaded all things AC3 i could find including the filter and i can play it perfectly on the PC, however even though i split it in to 2 discs of 9 chapters at 44 minutes long , on High Quality at about 9000kb/s it still is choppy and freezes when playing on my ps2 within the first 10 seconds, Is there any idea why? when im burning with MY copy of Nero Startsmart it shows a preview of the movie (really the whole thing, so preview my foot) and its laggy and stuttering, this computer isnt the BEST , with 1gb ddr sd ram , 2.6 ghz celeron proc, and 96 MB Integrated graphics (Intel Extreme Graphics) could that be why? or is there something im missing?

Speedy Gonzales
02-07-2006, 05:33 PM
Well, I wouldnt tell everyone youre using pirated software for starters.

Celerons arent the best CPU's to use. Especially for video editing. Or SD ram, for that matter.

It could be stuttering because of this.

Nerovision would have been better.

What format/s can the PS2 play?

Nero is in a weird format like what? What format?

SurferJoe46
03-07-2006, 03:58 AM
(Nero pirate?----watch out!----these are usually .warez files!...not advocating here, just warning!)

Vince
03-07-2006, 04:28 AM
You could try Moviemaker, which is part of XP. Or Nerovision, (which is a separate program from Nero burning Rom), but some of the options in this need a serial, to activate it.

Or you could try some Ulead program, or this (http://www.cdburnerxp.se/) which is free.

But I've never used it. So, dont know what it can or cant do.

CDBurnerXP Pro (this) has only very rudamentery video capabilities. :)