PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP desktop

aandhwhite
01-07-2006, 06:06 PM
Is there a method to increase size of only desktop icons. Do not want to change screen resolution. Using xp home - Thanks

Shortcircuit
01-07-2006, 06:37 PM
Not sure about XP home but in Pro you can do it this way:

Click Start button> all programs> accessories> accessibility> accessibility wizard>

The 'wizard' window will pop up click through 'text size' (unless you want to change it), then click next until you come to the 'set wizard options' window and tick the box 'I am blind....', click next to show the 'scroll bar size' window, next to show the 'icons' window and click on icon size you want... normal, large or extra large (large is usually adequate), click through the rest of the wizard until you reach 'finish' button.

HTH

Metla
01-07-2006, 06:40 PM
or...

right click desktop,properties,apperance,effects, use large icons...

Shortcircuit
01-07-2006, 06:48 PM
or...

right click desktop,properties,apperance,effects, use large icons...

Haha, knew there had to be a better way for us blind (and me at least) dumb people :thumbs:

PS the advantage with the 'wizard' is that you can have REALLY big icons... great when you've been drinking :D

aandhwhite
02-07-2006, 05:41 PM
Thanks folks - now can fix - Ta

aandhwhite
03-07-2006, 10:16 AM
Hi - I have found what looks like a better method after using your suggestion.
If you - right click desktop/properties/apearance then click on advanced - you will find a drop down menu which lets you change a range of items incl icons. the icon change option lets you reduce or enlarge by small amounts rather than havin to accept the 'normal/medium/large options under the effects tab.You can also adjust the horizintal abd vertical spacing of desktop icons - Thanks for your help