PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Xtra Dial up

CaptinMoor
29-06-2006, 02:03 PM
Hi there guys and gilrs.

I am having a bit of trouble creating a connection to Xtra. I have created a new connection. Punched in the server number entered user name and password. I dial up, makes heaps of noise, but when it comes to verifying username and password it comes up with re-enter correct username and password. So I type in another username and password but to only get the same thing. now I know that both of these accounts where entered correctly so why wont it work. I am pretty cure that I have the protocols right. The computer is running 98SE so it has NETBUII and TCP/IP and microsoft file/printer sharing. Does it need anything else, do I need to change any settings or what.

CaptinMoor
29-06-2006, 04:02 PM
Any ideas at all. I'm banging my heard agaisnt a brick wall here.

snoopy
29-06-2006, 04:11 PM
I assume you have checked your settings against the ones given on the Xtra help site

http://xtra.co.nz/help/0,,6156-994814,00.html

you are getting to the authenicating stage, it's telling you that the details are wrong, I don't think the sign name is case sensitive but I think the password is.......

CaptinMoor
29-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Yes I have. Thanks any way :thumbs:

Laura
29-06-2006, 06:15 PM
Time to bite the bullet & ask Xtra's Helpdesk?

tweak'e
29-06-2006, 06:19 PM
have you done the dailup 1.4 upgrade?

if not do that first, if that don't help string your modem down to a slow speed. also you might want to delete the password file (.pwl) in case its corupt.

FoxyMX
29-06-2006, 10:27 PM
When this happens to me I just remove all the modem settings in System Properties' Hardware, reboot and set it all up again. You sometimes need to have the modem drivers handy for this though.

It might be worth a try.

Speedy Gonzales
29-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Umm, have you put in / created a username / password so u have to log into 98?

I'm pretty sure one had to be created, so the username / password would stick with dialup. When u use 98 or 98 SE.