PDA

View Full Version : Widescreen problem...

ronyville
29-06-2006, 11:21 AM
I got geforce FX5200 128MB graphics card. Just downloaded and installed the latest driver from the nvidia site. Everything runs fine until I start palying games. The display goes into widescreen mode and all I get to see is the left half of the screen only. I have been through all the settings but can not find a way to disable the widescreen mode when I start playing games.
The latest driver was download from this page
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_91.31.html

I am not sure if its the driver than I need to change or something else. Any help would be appreciated.

cheers

pctek
29-06-2006, 01:16 PM
All games or just one in particular?

ronyville
29-06-2006, 01:34 PM
All the games...I got NFS underground 2, Hitman 3 and Black Hawk Down.

rocky138
29-06-2006, 02:14 PM
I got geforce FX5200 128MB graphics card. Just downloaded and installed the latest driver from the nvidia site. Everything runs fine until I start palying games. The display goes into widescreen mode and all I get to see is the left half of the screen only. I have been through all the settings but can not find a way to disable the widescreen mode when I start playing games.
The latest driver was download from this page
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_91.31.html

I am not sure if its the driver than I need to change or something else. Any help would be appreciated.

cheers
Try rolling back to the previous driver. If you still have the problem it will be caused by something else.

ronyville
29-06-2006, 04:25 PM
I rolled back to the previous driver and the games work fine... But than again shouldnt we always upgrade to the latest driver thats available??? Thats what I did and it stuffed up the display when playing games... So my guess is that its the new driver that is causing the widescreen probelm.. mmmmmmmmmm I guess I will just have to stick with the older driver.

rocky138
29-06-2006, 05:56 PM
I suspect you have another problem.
Is your direct X up to date.
I get my driver updates from NZ PC World disc's.

Graham L
29-06-2006, 06:10 PM
You should update software when the new version fixes a problem you are actually having.

Updating automatically comes under the heading of fixing when unbroken which you should never do. That's also known as "looking for trouble".

pctek
29-06-2006, 06:13 PM
shouldnt we always upgrade to the latest driver thats available???
Why?

Don't fix it if it isn't broken.