PDA

View Full Version : Schizo mouse.

rob_on_guitar
27-06-2006, 07:30 PM
Hi, I cant find the thread where somebody else had a mouse with a mind of its own, but mine has decided to do the same.

Basically its on a cord no ball.

Its ok for about 20 mins, it will zoom straight to the top right corner of the screen and keep going (annoying for games like c&c as it will go to the top right corner of a game map.).

I have changed to another mouse (with a ball) and it works sweet. I use both on a new mouse pad which i bought only 3 days ago and the faulty mouse is only a week old.

Sorry for lack of terminology.

TIA

zqwerty
27-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Take it back and get a replacement, is the easiest way. Sometimes pluging in a replacement mouse having a different plug, as you did, means that a poorly connecting socket on your computer makes a tighter fit. But first try a new one.

rob_on_guitar
27-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Yea, i tried using it in all the different usb ports but had the same prob.

I still have the box and docket so i guess Ill be off to the store tomorrow.

Greg
28-06-2006, 10:15 AM
I noticed a bios setting the other day which allowed me to enable or disable USB mouse and keyboard. I've been using a USB mouse forever with it set at disabled, without problems, but I changed it to enabled anyway. No difference.

But the reason I mention it is that the setting is obviously there for some reason, and may be a solution for some systems. Who knows, but just thought I'd mention it.