PDA

View Full Version : How do you print Word documents with desired background colour?

Renmoo
26-06-2006, 08:30 PM
Put it simply, how? After setting the desired background colour in a Word document via Format > Background..., when I view the document in print preview mode, the background colour disappears. I thought my eyes are playing tricks, so I printed it out but, no, the document shows only the text. :confused: :illogical

So, what have I missed out or done wrong here?

Cheers :)

pctek
26-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Er...not reading the help file?

It says:
Document backgrounds are designed to be viewed on the screen and not printed. The background that you create by using the Background command on the Format menu will not print. To add a printable background, borders, or shading to your page, use the Printed Watermark command (by pointing to Background on the Format menu) or the Borders and Shading command on the Format menu.

Renmoo
26-06-2006, 09:56 PM
All right, thanks. But still, there isn't an option of having a background colour for the document (unless I go through the trouble of creating an image filled with a colour and saving it and inserting it into Word).

lark
26-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Just add a border around your text and then using 'format' 'borders and shading' menus set the border shading colour.

Marnie
26-06-2006, 11:30 PM
Or print it on coloured paper.

Cheers,

Marnie

Renmoo
27-06-2006, 12:48 AM
Just add a border around your text and then using 'format' 'borders and shading' menus set the border shading colour.
Thanks lark and Marnie for their comments.