PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer 106d Disk reading error

avidshifty
26-06-2006, 11:28 AM
Hello. About an hour ago my pc started having trouble reading discs.

I have 2 drives. a pioneer 106d a dvd burner and a Compaq DVD-rrom 115.

iv had both drives for a few years and never had a problem. im using the same ridata 8x dics iv been using for years also. suddenly the drives will only read "retail discs" and blank dvd-r. i try putting a burnt data disc in that i know has worked before and in the pioneer it dosent do anything but load and stop. the compaq loads it longer and gives me the " Windows cannot read this disc. The disc may be corrupted or could be using a formate that is not compattible with windows" error.

I have tried updating my pioneer drivers and IDE drivers. i even switched out a new IDE ribbon. Any other suggestions? THanks in advance

Laura
29-06-2006, 02:30 AM
Welcome to PressF1, avidshifty.
As you've had no replies, I'll bump you back on to the first page.

autechre
29-06-2006, 11:07 AM
If you can, try the discs in someone elses PC with a DVD-ROM or writer & see if they work.

Ritek discs can be dodgy from batch to batch, so you could just have some dud discs.

Agent_24
29-06-2006, 11:59 AM
Check DMA is enabled, this can cause problems on some drives (my dvd drive won't read anything if it's in PIO mode)

if you have win XP/2K look here (http://www.aiscl.co.uk/How_to_ForceDMA.htm) (since winxp/2k stick the drive in PIO mode automatically if there are read errors)