PDA

View Full Version : Setup Initialization Error (Error 105)

GamerOne
24-06-2006, 06:00 PM
Hello all, brand new on the threads, and I need some help if it's not a bother.

I'm running Windows XP SP2, and I'm trying to install a game (Zanzarah - The Hidden Portal), but the Installshield program returns an error message when I click on the "Install" button after the cd autoruns. Installshield gets to 99% in the "preparing the installshield wizard" stage, then gives me this popup error window.

"Setup Initialization Error
Setup is unable to run a program needed to proceed with the installation. Restart your system and try again.

Error 105"

The only button in the window is an "OK" button, but when I click it InstallShield simply shuts down and I return to my desktop. I've tried restarting my system, but it doesn't help. I've had this problem with 2 or 3 games I've tried to install recently, both old and new.

Any ideas? It would be much appreciated.

-GamerOne

Speedy Gonzales
24-06-2006, 06:36 PM
Try cleaning all the temp files on your system, with ccleaner (http://www.ccleaner.com) and try again.

The errors relating to Installshield are here (http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q100885)

GamerOne
24-06-2006, 09:47 PM
Tried it, Speedy, but no luck. Still getting the same error. Nice program, though. And thanks for the InstallShield error link. At least I can start trying other stuff now that I know what the error means.

Speedy Gonzales
25-06-2006, 07:17 AM
The file u downloaded maybe corrupt then, or missing a file.

I would either redownload it, or find another site to download it from.

If its on a cd (a mag you brought), take it back and get it replaced.

Or copy the game to the hard drive, and see if it'll install. The prob maybe the cd or the cdrom itself.

GamerOne
25-06-2006, 11:15 AM
Just copied the entire cd to the hard drive and tried to install it that way. No luck, same error, so it's probably not the cd rom drive. I don't think it's the cd itself either, as other games I have that run fine on other computers also don't work. Maybe it's a corrupted version of InstallShield. Is there somewhere I can get newer versions?