PDA

View Full Version : puter fans not working

fugs
23-06-2006, 04:07 PM
i have just installed a 2nd hdd into my pc .when i powered pc up with side of case left off i noticed that 2 of the 4 fans in it were not working....and neither is the temp guage on the front outside of the case anymore... one of the fans is at the front of the case and the other is at the back... i guess i have knocked something while installing the hdd? how important is it that these 2 fans work?? do i need to take pc in to repair shop? of the 2 fans that do work one is a smallish one that is on the mb...the other is larger and above the smaller one and throws air down.
i had to change power leads to get one to reach the 2hdd i installed and have a feeling ( i cant remember for sure tho) that i just might have seperated one of them and not reconnected them.... how can i check that out to know which one goes where ..there r so many of them in there :)
i have a AMD Athlon 2600+
1.91Ghz
480MB Ram
and run xp
any ideas please? thanks

Graham L
23-06-2006, 04:14 PM
In the wonderful weather we are having it's probably not too serious. ;)

The "small" one on the motherboard is the most important, and it is going.

Look for "spare" connectors which will mate with the connectors on the wires from those fans. If they fit, they're right. ;)

Master_Frost
23-06-2006, 04:29 PM
I would say your Mb fan was probably not going before the upgrade as they are not usually plugged directly into the PSU, rather a header on the MB (maybe you knocked it).

The case fan is probably simply because you knocked or unplugged it from the PSU.

You need to get the MB fan working as it will be cooling the North or south bridge chip.

fugs
24-06-2006, 04:50 PM
thank u guys
Graham... i found the connectors now all fans r a go.
Fugs