PDA

View Full Version : Nero bruning rom language pack problem

beast2nick
19-06-2006, 08:37 PM
hi everyone,

i did a stupid thing, unknowingly i installed some language pack, after installing this pack my nero application was presenting itself in a new language which i don't even know. i thought i will go away if i uninstalled nero and reinstalled it. But it didn't work.
So can someone help me in getting rid of this language problem. Is there a way to uninstall the language pack that i had installed.

pls someone help
thanks

Pancake
19-06-2006, 09:06 PM
If it was Microsoft you should be able to remove it via Add/Remove.

beast2nick
19-06-2006, 09:16 PM
there is nothing in the Add/Remove. as i said earlier i uninstaled everything related to nero from Add/Remove section but in vain. As i was reinstalling the entire installation process was in that language.
i desperatly want the language back to english

heni72847
19-06-2006, 09:18 PM
try navigate throught the menu and see if you can find the place to select language..and set it to english

Pancake
19-06-2006, 09:29 PM
Have you tried a System Restore to back before you installed it ?

heni72847
19-06-2006, 11:19 PM
oo i remembered something that i should have mentioned
the language packs you installed did they also changed the default language of non unicode programs?

i think i've seen nero's instally program becomming non english because the local for non unicode program is not english
not sure if the program it self can automatically change language like that too

if so then you might want to try to change window's setting for non unicode program code page back into english
control panel - Region and Language settings - Advance tab - choose english

beast2nick
20-06-2006, 12:10 AM
hey guys thanks for the replies

i solved the problem.

i uninstalled nero first and then removed all the nero directories from program files and common files directories.
after doing this i reinstalled nero this time everything was in english. So problem solved.

thanks for the support guys.