PDA

View Full Version : whats my *oc*ing problem? help me! help me!

sezchwarn
19-06-2006, 08:20 AM
i have a sempron 3100+ and have oc'd it from 1.8ghz to 2.2ghz. (245fsb x 9)

However, everyone else who has a 3100+ or even a 2800 seems to be able to oc theirs up to 2.4ghz/2.6ghz. whats this injustice about people? what factors could be making my system unstable beyond 2.2ghz?

at first i thought it might be that my motherboard bios (k8nf4g- sata2) has a locked voltage of 1.45, so i couldnt give my cpu more juice...but then some guy said he ocd his 2800 to 2.4 ghz (300fsb) with only 1.4v so....im flummoxed.

can anyone work it out? clues:

its not the ram (as its pc3200 and i put the divider right down to 133)
i dont think its the htt (as i put something down to 600mhz - which is 3x, right- it didnt say 'htt multiplier' but i think its the same thing)
its not cooling (as my comp temp is well below 40 c)

also, how could i get more power anyway, would i have to get a different bios version or something??

lagbort
19-06-2006, 08:30 AM
OC'ing isnt a guaranteed thing, so just because other people have managed to overclock theirs to certain speeds is no assurance that your's will.

however on a more practical note I would think that the voltage is most likely what is holding you back.

MTLance
19-06-2006, 06:54 PM
Depending on the MOBO can handle it or not and enough cooling system to cool it down or not. I use Intel processor which can cause serious damage with the heat produce and overclocking boost the whole new level but very dangerous with my Intel P4 with HT. My MOBO could melt.