PDA

View Full Version : database and emails

Buff_K
18-06-2006, 10:21 AM
Hello.

If I had a large database of names that I wanted to send a group email to, how would I go about it? It's actually an excell spreadsheet but I figure I would need to import it to Access. I will probably be using Outlook Express too if that makes a difference.

Thanks for your help!

Speedy Gonzales
18-06-2006, 10:25 AM
Send it as an attachment?

Or if its too big, zip it or something then send it thru email.

Buff_K
18-06-2006, 11:09 AM
No, sorry, thats not quite what I need.

Basically my boss at work asked me how to send a group email to customers in their database/spreadsheet. The spreadsheet contains contact details of many previous customers. Obviously each email needs to be individual rather than just chucking all addresses in the to field.

snoopy
18-06-2006, 11:18 AM
http://email.about.com/od/outlokexpressgroupmails/

Pauline
18-06-2006, 11:33 AM
Hi,
I'm a bit confused here. What do you mean by each email needs to be individual?
Do you mean a personalised heading? You will need to buy a special programme for that.
Or if you just need to send out to lots of people use the BCC line then each person won't know who else it has been sent to.
Having said that not all servers treat the BCC field as expected, some will strip out the addresses listed in it before delivery, therefore hiding the other recipients as you wanted & some servers wont.
Pauline.

Buff_K
18-06-2006, 12:11 PM
Thanks for your help everyone.

So I need to create a mailing list in Outlook express, is it not possible from excel or access? I see I can do it from a text document, will I need to save the spreadsheet as a txt?

snoopy
18-06-2006, 12:20 PM
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie6/using/howto/oe/importing.mspx

Pauline
18-06-2006, 03:09 PM
Hi, Excel has a button for email, click that, it will open an Outlook Express message box so you can access your address book & do what you normally would when sending emails. When you're done just click 'send this sheet'
You are best to have a mailing list already set up with everyone in it.
This way works for me.
Pauline.