PDA

View Full Version : BITTORRENT HELP!!! and WIRELESS AP HELP!!!

d00zer
16-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Hello people, i am using a bittorrent client (Azerus) and i have a few problems:

1. Whenever i start downloading something using Azerus, i cannot surf the internet... web browsers wont load etc.... but when i close azerus off, it webpages start loading again.

i suspect its got to do with port forwarding etc... but i am no computer whizz so can someone tell me how to set it up? I am using a belkin PRE N wireless router with firewall. Default port is 6881 for bittorrent. I think azerus is using port 80, so my pages cant load... am i right :confused:

and

i have a USB modem connected to a BELKIN PRE N wireless router. I bought this PRE N hoping that it would cover my house completely, but it doesnt as my house has 3 levels and a lot of walls and tight corners, its not really "wireless" as i can only use my laptop at certain positions.

i thought of buying another wireless router that will connect up to my belkin pre N, is there a way of doing this IF so how? What brand is the best to choose?

Prescott
16-06-2006, 02:43 PM
Hello people, i am using a bittorrent client (Azerus) and i have a few problems:

1. Whenever i start downloading something using Azerus, i cannot surf the internet... web browsers wont load etc.... but when i close azerus off, it webpages start loading again.

i suspect its got to do with port forwarding etc... but i am no computer whizz so can someone tell me how to set it up? I am using a belkin PRE N wireless router with firewall. Default port is 6881 for bittorrent. I think azerus is using port 80, so my pages cant load... am i right :confused:

Azureus will be taking all of your bandwidth. You can decrease the amount of bandwidth it takes in the options part of the program. You can get a few plugins too, that will change it automaticly....

i have a USB modem connected to a BELKIN PRE N wireless router. I bought this PRE N hoping that it would cover my house completely, but it doesnt as my house has 3 levels and a lot of walls and tight corners, its not really "wireless" as i can only use my laptop at certain positions.

i thought of buying another wireless router that will connect up to my belkin pre N, is there a way of doing this IF so how? What brand is the best to choose?
You could get a more powerfull antenna

d00zer
16-06-2006, 04:56 PM
Hello, thnks, but my antennas are not detachable

and

i am on 3.5mbps and BITTORRENT is only runnning at 15kb per sec and i have set upload cap to 3kb/s