PDA

View Full Version : PSP help please....

John W
15-06-2006, 03:10 PM
Ive an oval image with a white background, I want to make the white background transparent. Is there an easy way to do this on the existing image?

How can I select just the Oval image, copy and paste that onto a new image file with transparent background.

Thanks...............John in Mosgiel.

Rob99
15-06-2006, 03:44 PM
Is PSP Paint Shop or Photo Shop?

qyiet
15-06-2006, 04:02 PM
I read the headline and thoght playstation portable

-qyiet

godfather
15-06-2006, 04:06 PM
Paint Shop Pro help says:

You can remove areas of a specific color from a selection in two ways:

Using the Magic Wand tool while pressing <Ctrl>, or

Choosing the Selections > Modify > Transparent Color command.

The Transparent Color command removes areas of a specific color from a selection. You can remove the following colors: white, black, red, green, blue, plus the foreground or the background color. When you choose Foreground or Background, Paint Shop Pro uses the appropriate color displayed in the Foreground and Background Solid Color boxes on the Color palette. To remove a custom color, select it as the foreground or the background solid color before opening the Remove Selected Color dialog box.

To open the dialog box, choose Selections > Modify > Transparent Color or press <Ctrl> + <T>.

I would add that you probably need to be working on a GIF image, as JPG does not support it.

John W
15-06-2006, 09:17 PM
Thanks GF.

Ive got it to work once, at work, but I cant repeat it hear at home,. I cant get Transparent to come up from the dropdown box (Selections > Modify > Transparent Color command)

Im not sure what Im after is possible. I want a oval image to slowly merge on screen from a tapered gold coloured background (it slowly taperes from dark gold (top) to light gold (bottom) of the page. I tried creating a transparent jpg image the same size as the finished oval, then use animation shop to fade between the two.

But I cant get the transparent image to show, when saved in jpg, it reverts to white.

Id appreciate your thoughts. email me if you like j h w at xtra

Cheers.... :-)

Rob99
16-06-2006, 12:50 AM
Save as a gif

godfather
16-06-2006, 02:27 AM
Exactly, as per my last line in my post above.

"I would add that you probably need to be working on a GIF image, as JPG does not support it."

John W
16-06-2006, 11:37 AM
Ive saved it as a jif, its made no difference, PSP7 will not allow a Transparent background, everything else but.

Any other ideas?

Thanks................John.

godfather
16-06-2006, 01:03 PM
Not a jif, a GIF. 256 colours only.

The option is available here on PSP 7.