PDA

View Full Version : F.E.A.R game not working properly

jamesyboi
13-06-2006, 10:30 PM
no sound, and when i go new game and get to the bit after the intro scenes my guy gets outta the car after mission briefing before he's meant to and in result he gets stuck inside the rubbish dump or behind it. theres no other post like this i dont know what the hell is wrong with it lol.. but its not the CD's that are playing up its something 2 do with my computer i thought maybe some type of codec but i dont know how that could affect the games trigger/event timing... multiplayer works without sound though. i have creative sound blaster and this game was working 100% fine before. it suddenly just screwed up, had no save games and no audio. started again and got dumped in the trash. also the car door comes off the car model when it opens. its behind the car when the car stops. i tried everything i can think of like reverting to default windows codecs and recovery console in xp. gah...

jamesyboi
13-06-2006, 11:56 PM
nd now when i put my webcam in it goes found new hardware and says it cannot find any of the files and i need to insert sp2 cd.... i can easily browse and find them manually but it takes longer and it happens everytime i connect a device... time 2 reformat again!

pctek
14-06-2006, 10:24 AM
Whats your PC specs?
This is the actual game and not the demo?

Agent_24
14-06-2006, 01:43 PM
Did the webcam/device problem happen after you were in recovery console?

what exactly did you do??

jamesyboi
14-06-2006, 04:43 PM
*windows repair... i went into it but it just came to dos and didn't do anything.
the driver problem happened after but im not sure cos i didn't try it earlier.
amd 3200+
geforce 6600GT
200GB HDD
Win XP Pro SP2
1gb ram

jamesyboi
14-06-2006, 04:49 PM
found new hardware wizard says
'The file 'ksuser.dll' on Windows XP Professional Serice Pack 2 CD is needed'

i have the file in sys32 and other places. but it keeps doing this...

Agent_24
14-06-2006, 05:04 PM
Description: ksuser.dll is a library which transports latency sensitive, time-stamped data between user perhiperals and system perhiperals.
"Should not be disabled, required for essential applications to work properly. "
Maybe it has been infected with a virus?

I would scan with an online program (trendmicro housecall or panda-activescan)

Could also be corrupted due to memory problems. Have you tried running memtest? (http://www.memtest.org/)

pctek
14-06-2006, 05:18 PM
*windows repair... i went into it but it just came to dos and didn't do anything.
the driver problem happened after but im not sure cos i didn't try it earlier.
amd 3200+
geforce 6600GT
200GB HDD
Win XP Pro SP2
1gb ram
Hmmm, specs are sufficient.
So long as you don't max the graphics...

Do a Repair Install.
Boot off the XP CD, press Enter to Install at the first prompt - not R as this gives you the Recovery Console - probably what you said was DOS.
The second prompt screen says R to Repair or Enter to Install, this time choose R.
It looks as if its doing a complete full install but it isn't. That should fix any system problems.

And of course virus/spyware check first.