PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft cd for OEM Windows XP Pro

R.M.
11-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Someone in the last few days mentions being able to get the Windows CD from Microsoft after buying a computer with a preinstalled version of Windows. I just can't remember the details... Would someone please help? I seem to remember something about the sales docket, but there was something else too, I seem to remember, but not the details!

R.M.
11-06-2006, 10:16 PM
I put this in PC World Chat - perhaps the wrong place! No replies anyway...

Someone in the last few days mentions being able to get the Windows CD from Microsoft after buying a computer with a preinstalled version of Windows. I just can't remember the details... Would someone please help? I seem to remember something about the sales docket, but there was something else too, I seem to remember, but not the details!

pctek
11-06-2006, 10:49 PM
I don't remember either but so long as you have the COA sticker just give them a ring and ask. Or I don't see why you can't copy a relatives CD as long as you have your COA. Its the COA that determines the legality not the actual media itself.

pctek
11-06-2006, 10:54 PM
I've replied in chat...

xxll
11-06-2006, 11:45 PM
Is this the thread you were after?

click here (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?t=69526&highlight=Windows+Microsoft)

R.M.
12-06-2006, 07:56 AM
Thanks for the replies - and no, that wasn't the thread I thought I could remember. But I've got enough info to help me along. :)

Cheers